I think supporters representatives should just stay out of the way for the forseeable future. They have nothing to contribute that any of the main players is even vaguely interested in, they share almost nothing with the average supporter and serve mainly as a focus for further division and acrimony.

Who cares what the RST or any of the other groups think, say or do? They have no stroke, no guts and have generally shown little enough integrity. All they provide is a pointless diversion for many and an absurd infatuation for a small and increasingly irritating inner circle.

The day any of these groups are prepared to make a serious attempt at cultivating unity and democracy is the day they should step forward with claims at representation. The way some of them have criticised the club and those involved in takeover activity for lack of communication has been laughable - these are the same people whose RST hasn't been able to communicate openly, honestly or effectively since its inception.

The thought that the club directors would have any sensible inclination to sit down with the RST as a constructive move forward displays a level of vanity and self-importance that is beyond comprehension. Stop wasting everyone's time guys, we've seriously had enough of that this summer already.:confused:

I have to say that even though I am a life time member , the RST is a busted flush now

I have to say that even though I am a life time member , the RST is a busted flush now

Now? It was busted the moment it thought it was more important than the people it was supposed to represent - and that didn't take it beyond the first year.

Are the assembly any better They seem to live in silence. I get the idea they are the head nod club.

Now? It was busted the moment it thought it was more important than the people it was supposed to represent - and that didn't take it beyond the first year.

hindsight is a wonderful thing and unfortunately for me , my heart always rules my head

Wait a little minute here... I'm no RST supporter, but they're not the ones to blame for the state of the club or the Helter-skelter style running of the club & tbh, it's seriously doubtful that a stronger, better run RST would make any more difference than the current one - IE zero.

Wait a little minute here... I'm no RST supporter, but they're not the ones to blame for the state of the club or the Helter-skelter style running of the club & tbh, it's seriously doubtful that a stronger, better run RST would make any more difference than the current one - IE zero.

I'm not blaming them for the state of the club, only irritated at their pointless pontificating about the importance of the RST 'engaging' with the current board. Who gives a shit about the RST, RSA, RIP or whatever else - they have made diddly difference so far and I'd expect that to continue with seamless predictability. Gasbags ain't gonna help anyone.

I'm not blaming them for the state of the club, only irritated at their pointless pontificating about the importance of the RST 'engaging' with the current board.

That indeed, is mind-boggling. I've got absolutely no idea how any supporters' representatives are going to be taken seriously by the club if they haven't managed to actually get a large portion of the support behind them/on their side. Is supporters representation just a 'pipe dream'??

Who gives a shit about the RST, RSA, RIP or whatever else

A lot more people than you'd think, but the real problem (IMO) is how much communication these supposed fans representatives actually have with the support. There's a big difference between representing a few percent and over 50 percent. If they even represented 20 percent, they'd have something to work with, but currently they're working with nothing. You can't play a hand of poker with no cards.

Edited by Zappa

I think supporters representatives should just stay out of the way for the forseeable future. They have nothing to contribute that any of the main players is even vaguely interested in, they share almost nothing with the average supporter and serve mainly as a focus for further division and acrimony.

Who cares what the RST or any of the other groups think, say or do? They have no stroke, no guts and have generally shown little enough integrity. All they provide is a pointless diversion for many and an absurd infatuation for a small and increasingly irritating inner circle.

The day any of these groups are prepared to make a serious attempt at cultivating unity and democracy is the day they should step forward with claims at representation. The way some of them have criticised the club and those involved in takeover activity for lack of communication has been laughable - these are the same people whose RST hasn't been able to communicate openly, honestly or effectively since its inception.

The thought that the club directors would have any sensible inclination to sit down with the RST as a constructive move forward displays a level of vanity and self-importance that is beyond comprehension. Stop wasting everyone's time guys, we've seriously had enough of that this summer already.:confused:

Undoubtedly some people will see this as unfair criticism but parts of it are definitely valid - and was valid when I was on the board as well before people suggest sour grapes or whatever.

I find it astounding that in the last year or two the Trust profile and membership has not increased enough when one examines the issues surrounding the club. Unfortunately, the Trust don't seem to accept this or, if they do, lack the humility and vision to take steps to address it.

For every excellent initiative they do have (GersPride and the recent family day to name but two), there are many more opportunities that seem to be ignored. It is clear the bulk of Rangers fans are not interested in the RST and there must be various reasons why. We can speculate and, while apathy is the main argument, there must also be a reason for this apathy when there remains a clear and present danger to our club's future.

Of course two titles on the trot will be enough for many fans to gloss over our financial challenges. But most bears I speak to - and certainly the majority online - are frustrated enough with the situation and are exasperated with the club's attitude towards the fans. They demand improvement.

Therefore, there does appear enough people interested in supporters representation to make a group such as the Trust viable. But the group itself (and not just the Trust to be fair) seem to lack the ability to turn interest into members and/or projects for everyone to place their weight behind. As such, it is all too easy for the club to ignore very fair statements such as the one the RST made yesterday.

At GersPride last year, I believe the Trust board members talked about unity and leadership. Sure, they may have a reasonable working relationship with the Assembly and Association but what is coming from this other than the prevarication that there is no fan division when challenged about it? Nothing.

I remain a huge supporter of fan involvement in the club. A strong Trust would mean a stronger fan-base and despite my own past problems with the organisation I believe there remains enough talent within it to find improvement and deliver genuine representation to our support.

Unfortunately, it is also clear, it is being held back from doing the proper outreach work it needs to achieve its goals. I certainly don't envy the work required to address that - after all, some of the criticism we see elsewhere is unfair, overly strong and far too personal - but if the Trust really wants to grow, then brave faces must be put and true leadership must occur.

The Trust (and the Assembly) have a sound base from which to build from. They have easily accessible websites, reasonable finance, plenty of interest and tens of thousands of fans to aim for online and offline. They even have a captive audience of 50,000 people at Ibrox every other week. Add in NARSA, ORSA and all the RSCs then the market is huge.

Why then do we not see them step beyond the confines of FF (in the case of the Trust) often enough or the BlueNose.co.uk (in the case of the Assembly)? I don't just mean reps visiting other sites and collating information/floating ideas but regular offline meetings to share information and explore strategies together? I'd pay a tenner for that!

Almost one year on since I put together the STS project (itself far from perfect), the Assembly have had one such meeting at Ibrox for selected fans. The Trust have had GersPride. Both were interesting and welcome events which had the potential to be repeated regularly - even on a smaller scale to reduce costs. Such meetings need to be more often, more accessible and debate opened up on their own websites (and beyond) to really involve their members.

Only then will fans find the transparency and pro-activeness that may catalyse their own interest and make them feel like they're actually members of something instead of just numbers attempting to justify their existence.

For no large, open fans meeting to have been organised in light of recent events this year is nothing short of negligence by all the fan organisations. Imagine the momentum and pressure that could have been built up if a few of these had happened? Imagine the divisions that could have been healed by olive branches being offered by those elected to lead? Imagine the genuine information that could have been shared to avoid rumours and scaremongering that has blighted our recent title win?

The alternative of a few overly defensive people posting on one chosen forum and the official reps of another not even doing that, is hardly conductive to increasing membership. To that end, one must ask do these organisations even want an active membership? Or are our supporters groups as inaccessible and unrepresentative as the club they complain about?

We deserve better.

That indeed, is mind-boggling. I've got absolutely no idea how any supporters' representatives are going to be taken seriously by the club if they haven't managed to actually get a large portion of the support behind them/on their side. Is supporters representation just a 'pipe dream'??

A lot more people than you'd think, but the real problem (IMO) is how much communication these supposed fans representatives actually have with the support. There's a big difference between representing a few percent and over 50 percent. If they even represented 20 percent, they'd have something to work with, but currently they're working with nothing. You can't play a hand of poker with no cards.

I'm glad you posted that. If the RST represented (and I just pick this figure out of the air) say 15,000 fans and worked towards achieving a published and agreed set of objectives then it would have my complete support. Unfortunately we have a secretive, self-styled and apparently unaccountable organisation that appoints rather than elects and has demonstrated a complete inability to evolve.