Sadly I attended a mate's funeral today. Alan and I were in the same supporters club and travelled around Scotland and Europe during the 90s and had many great days and nights together. Many might remember a balding, slightly overweight 45 year old on top of a bus in Marseilles, leading the bears in singing.

Despite his stutter, his jokes were legendary and it disappeared totally when it came to a song. He was a great one for starting songs on the bus and I learned a few that I have not heard anywhere else. "Take a trolley, take a tramcar...."

He enjoyed his drink and him and his brother Sam took great delight on putting some unsuspecting soul on the "Walker hitlist" at some Rangers night out or trip away. That person would get plied with drink all night and before they knew it they were struggling to move the next morning but having had a super night as Alan and Sam were great company and would have been happy to pay for everyone's drink all night if they were allowed. I have never heard anyone say a bad word about Alan.

The Argyle 18 RSC have lost a brother and a friend.

My thoughts are with Sam, his wife and kids, his mother and the rest of his family.

Currently, in Santa Barbara and not knowingly ever met Alan Walker, he sounds like my type of Bear. I will raise a glass or three of Sonoma Chardonnay this evening to a man that pioneered al Fresco chanting in the Marseille night air.

Edited by 26th of foot