Putting to one side our views on Big Laffs, as to his ability and everything else, can anyone tell me what the thinking behind his signing was.

Is he signed to be our main striker, is he a wide midfielder, is he a winger, or does Walter have ideas in a different position.

I have heard many theories, probably the most ludicrous, that our very expensive signing made by Walter, is not the finished article. What I would like to know is what the finished article is to turn out as,..... rather like buying a Roller without any wheels. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

If he wasn't the finished article he's certianly joined the wrong club to improve as a player. I can't remember the last time we signed an average young player and turned him into a success other than Gattuso. The likes of Thomson and Whittaker were already 1st team players at Hibs, Hutton was trained up at Murray Park but it's really his exceptionally high fitness level that make him the player he is today or at least, was with us.

We all know Lafferty isn't a wide player, he needs to be played as a striker and even then I'm not convinced. Of course, there's always a chance Walter has something else in mind. After all, he has got previous for playing players out of position.

Lafferty isn't a wide player, but was deployed in that position by Burnley. However, when we signed him, Walter said that we wouldn't be playing him out of position.

Lafferty is still young, but my problem with the signing was the fee. We simply can't afford to be spending big fees on players "for the future" unless they're something really special. And if they are going to be used now, then at least play them in their preferred position.

I think Lafferty will score goals this season also and be a better all round player if he is played through the middle.

As mentioned before he still has a bit of maturing to do which will come.

The fee wasnt his fault and considering Steven Fletcher went for 3 million id say 3.75m for Lafferty may prove to be ok long term.