The biggest problem for a lot of English teams is the new 25 squad number , with 8 under 21 year olds

England's Football League clubs have agreed new rules on the number of "home-grown" players in their squads.

From next season, clubs will have to name 10 "home-grown" players in a squad restricted to 25 players aged over 21.

To qualify, players must be registered in domestic football for three seasons before turning 21.

However, a proposal by Leyton Orient to relegate clubs two divisions for going into administration was rejected at the League's Annual General Meeting.

But following the meeting of the 72 clubs in Malta, League chiefs will review the punishments for administration to see if they need toughening up.

This year's summer transfer window has certainly become more interesting after this decision

Other rule changes include clubs, who will be able to include as many players under the age of 21 in their squads as they like, being hit with a transfer embargo if they do not file their financial accounts at Companies House in time.

The League's fit and proper persons' test has also been retitled the "Director's Test" to fall in line with the other football bodies.

And a loophole has been closed so that clubs that go into administration are hit with sporting sanctions even when the club is part of a group company.

Football League chairman Greg Clarke said: "This has been a positive and constructive meeting at which we've looked at many of the important issues currently facing football and taken steps to address a number of the most pressing governance concerns."

Edited by rbr

KATLEGO MPHELA has admitted he would be CRAZY to turn down a move to Rangers.

Ibrox boss Walter Smith has made enquiries about the South African striker and Bafana Bafana team-mate Bongani Khumalo.

But Mphela, 25, has yet to hear anything from his agent Steve Kapeluschnik.

The Mamelodi Sundowns ace said: "It would be a good move for me, but no one has told me anything.

"I'll have to call my agent and find out what he has to say about it.

"Obviously I'd love to go to a team of Rangers' quality and I'd be crazy to turn down a move. They are the Manchester United of Scottish football.":)

Kapeluschnik has held talks with Rangers' chief executive Martin Bain.

The agent said: "There is a real interest from Glasgow, but there is a process that we have to go through and there is no firm offer on the table.

"Rangers are still in Australia, so we'll have to wait and see what happens in the next few days."

Mphela insists it would be good to have Khumalo with him in Scotland.

He added: "I hope they can work something out for both of us. We showed during the World Cup we are good enough."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3071686/Katlego-Mphela-wants-to-move-to-Rangers.html#ixzz0uvu2vGq1