There possibly was but the same scenario happened with Thomson , he wanted to stay but Smith told him he wouldn't be in a position to offer him a new contract , so he left .

You either believe that the club ,Murray , Muir etc or you believe the management ,Smith Bain , I stick with Smith and Bain

I honestly don't believe any of them. Not because I think they're intrinsically dishonest, I just think they're motivated to see things from a perspective that most suits them - and what suits them will change depending on factors at the club etc. I don't trust Wattie to be giving an exact account of what went on - or Boyd or Bain - but I do, largely trust Wattie to run the club. So I won't trust what he says, which let's face it has chopped and changed, but his motivations in saying it. Bain, SDM, etc, I trust far less, but simply because they don't seem overly competent. There's just nothing we can know in all this, so it's largely just picking out the quotes or nuggets that already confirm your preferences.

I'm just going to stick to watching the football and not try to dissect what's going on behind the scenes and who to believe and that sort of thing - think it's a fool's errand.

Simply because Walter talks off record to the press every day , just because it doesn't make it onto the back pages doesn't mean it hasn't happened . Waltrer is as much to blame in all this as anyone I agree , but on cetrtain things I believe him 100%

Let's be brutally honest here , as a club we are an absolute shambles , we have the management team briefing against Muir on a near daily basis , we have Muir attempting to have wee cosey meetings and chats with certain supporters , it's a bloody shambles

Agreed 100% on the shambles rbr, be nice if everyone could bury the hatchet at the club, and endeavour to the common good of club and fans.

It's worth it if he's a better player. We'll all have our opinions on whether he is, and none of them will be sensible as we don't know that much about Jelavic to say. But if he's better, then it's worth it - both in terms of team contribution and sell on value.

To be fair, you might be able to say he's worth more if the manager thinks he is - but you can't say he's worth 50% more than Boyd until May 2011.

To be fair, you might be able to say he's worth more if the manager thinks he is - but you can't say he's worth 50% more than Boyd until May 2011.

It's probably more like both - he's worth more if the manager thinks he is, in pragmatic terms, and we get to see if he's right May 2011.

Lafferty...??????????

Hey, I'm not saying he is right. Boyd'd've been the first person I'd've kept. I would like someone seemingly mobile like Jelavic up beside him and sold Lafferty and the rest of them. But I'm not running things..... yet :spl:

Simply because Walter talks off record to the press every day , just because it doesn't make it onto the back pages doesn't mean it hasn't happened . Waltrer is as much to blame in all this as anyone I agree , but on cetrtain things I believe him 100%

Let's be brutally honest here , as a club we are an absolute shambles , we have the management team briefing against Muir on a near daily basis , we have Muir attempting to have wee cosey meetings and chats with certain supporters , it's a bloody shambles

I spent some time reading through past posts after a lengthy spell out of the country and couldn't let your post above pass without offering my congratulations on summing up so well the entire ongoing farce at Ibrox. We've been owned and led by fools and chancers for so long now that huge sections of the support neither know or want anything else.

Shambles is being kind to them rbr ... but here we are again, preparing for another season as cowed and accepting as ever, mulling over the dubious virtues of one fading reputation after another. And, despite all the posturing of a few months ago, what exactly has changed in the boardroom or in the shareholding of the club? Are we now on a more secure footing, financially or otherwise? It's the same old mess as far as I can see but at least it got the ST sales they were really after. They must truly believe we have shit for brains, the way we continue to turn up in numbers to lap up whatever they throw at us.