Can anyone explain the how it is economical to spend more money on Jelly if he signs, circa �£7.2 million over a 4 year contract including transfer fee, allegedly �£4 mill.

Paying Boyd �£25k over the same period accrues to �£4.8 million, for the finished article.

And no I don't accept or have any faith in an alleged wages cap, to take that crock of shit to its logical conclusion, everyone should be paid the same, diddy or superstar.

So you're telling me Kirk Broadfoot should have pay parity with Steven Davis?

No, what I am telling you is that if Pele signed tomorrow, we are expected to believe he would be on a wages cap.

Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted is pointless, it was okay for others to be getting paid more than Boyd previously, but not OK for Boyd to hold out for his true worth.

Anyhow that was not the point, the point is the economics, by my reckoning if Jelly ever did sign, it will cost us �£2.4 million to enforce an alleged wages cap...unless of course he was sold on for more than �£7.2 mill.

Boyd asked for x amount and was offered x amount. He stalled on the deal for nearly six months, so the club retracted the offer because of his stalling on the deal and his general apparent attitude towards the end of the season.

The club got fed up with his moods.

I'd preferred he was still with us but we move on - better players have left us and we have still won titles.

Boyd asked for x amount and was offered x amount. He stalled on the deal for nearly six months, so the club retracted the offer because of his stalling on the deal and his general apparent attitude towards the end of the season.

The club got fed up with his moods.

I'd preferred he was still with us but we move on - better players have left us and we have still won titles.

That is simply not true mate , like everythinmg else Boyd's deal has become something of an urben myth , Muir never signed it off , simple as , even Smith at the end gave up hope of getting it done .

However some even on here still shout from the stands about how lucky we are to have MUIR here .

Can anyone explain the how it is economical to spend more money on Jelly if he signs, circa �£7.2 million over a 4 year contract including transfer fee, allegedly �£4 mill.

Paying Boyd �£25k over the same period accrues to �£4.8 million, for the finished article.

It's worth it if he's a better player. We'll all have our opinions on whether he is, and none of them will be sensible as we don't know that much about Jelavic to say. But if he's better, then it's worth it - both in terms of team contribution and sell on value.

That is simply not true mate , like everythinmg else Boyd's deal has become something of an urben myth , Muir never signed it off , simple as , even Smith at the end gave up hope of getting it done .

However some even on here still shout from the stands about how lucky we are to have MUIR here .

but i'm sure IF boyd really wanted to stay he could've done more himself. i.e. keep asking if there is a contract on the table for him. i think there was fault on both sides here..