Miller rejects new contract offer.

Guest Flying Hippo
Absolutely delighted at the news that this imposter has refused a new contract. I hope we are sensible enough to punt him at the first available opportunity and try to get our (waste of) money back.

Unfortunately, given that his reasons for coming to us were for his family, I can see this as being simply the start of the game being played between his agent and our club.

We should, at the very least, tell him to take it or leave it, as he does not want to move away for family reasons again, then he will have to either take our offer or go to the mhanks again, and I doubt they would want him.

I would also wait until he has played in the CL again to see if his abysmal European form continues, or he finally has a good game on the big stage. No point offering him a new deal at all if he continues to bomb in Europe.

If you think Miller has been a waste of money then i'd have to question your sanity

Guest Flying Hippo
Oh you don't have to, you just choose to ;)

Either it's a fishing post or he has a personal dislike against Miller. There's just no way even his most ardent detractor (for footballing reasons) could really believe he's been a waste of money

And as for "imposter" - what is he; a poor footballer posing as a good one? on a weekly basis? I hope he keeps up the act for another season then

And trying to justify it all by bringing the Champions League into it is just ridiculous. As if 10 players regularly performed in Europe last season but Miller was the one who let the side down in ever game. Madness

Either it's a fishing post or he has a personal dislike against Miller. There's just no way even his most ardent detractor (for footballing reasons) could really believe he's been a waste of money

And as for "imposter" - what is he; a poor footballer posing as a good one? on a weekly basis? I hope he keeps up the act for another season then

And trying to justify it all by bringing the Champions League into it is just ridiculous. As if 10 players regularly performed in Europe last season but Miller was the one who let the side down in ever game. Madness

Madness? Ridiculous? Well perhaps from your viewpoint.

However, while Miller certainly improved last season, it was actually from a very low point of comparison. On the whole, the only 'madness' would be to claim that this is actually a good footballer we are discussing here. He was simply dreadful when he joined us and has thankfully progressed to the level of competence ... significant progress and definitely in the right direction but please don't confuse someone getting up off their knees with a high jump expert. Kenny Miller is better than he was and while that might cause some relief it certainly doesn't merit the lemming-like adoration this thoroughly average player is currently attracting.

This is one of the main reasons I have stopped going on �£�£ and RM , even though I have been guilty in the past of posting stuff at least I have known who gave me it and trusted them enough to believe it ( some of it very wrong as it turned out ) .

These sites are nothing more than a waste of space now , possibly a bit harsh on RM but if you have a counter opinion on there they attack you like a pack of wild dogs such is the clique's.

I quit that place a year ago - turned into an out of control animal miles off what its original vision appeared to be.

Stick to decent discussion on here mate and ignore the rest , it's much better for your general well being and you learn so much more through decent debate , with the exception of wabash when he's in one of his moods ....:whistle:

Gersnet isn't perfect, and isn't the busiest, but there generally appears a level of respect on here for each other you just don't get on the bigger forums.

Guest Flying Hippo
Madness? Ridiculous? Well perhaps from your viewpoint.

However, while Miller certainly improved last season, it was actually from a very low point of comparison. On the whole, the only 'madness' would be to claim that this is actually a good footballer we are discussing here. He was simply dreadful when he joined us and has thankfully progressed to the level of competence ... significant progress and definitely in the right direction but please don't confuse someone getting up off their knees with a high jump expert. Kenny Miller is better than he was and while that might cause some relief it certainly doesn't merit the lemming-like adoration this thoroughly average player is currently attracting.

Nope, i disagree once again. Miller was not dreadful when he joined us. Nor was last season some kind of complete transformation after a pish first season. He had a successful first season, only hindered by a succession of injuries in the second half of the season

Nope, i disagree once again. Miller was not dreadful when he joined us. Nor was last season some kind of complete transformation after a pish first season. He had a successful first season, only hindered by a succession of injuries in the second half of the season

As I recall he actually had a very slow start to his career here, didn't get going till around October.

Guest Flying Hippo
As I recall he actually had a very slow start to his career here, didn't get going till around October.

He scored 2 goals at Celtic Park in August and 2 goals at Easter Road in September. Hardly "dreadful" as the OP claimed

I do have a dislike for Miller, as a footballer, for the following reasons.

His first touch is very poor, and often goes further than some can kick it.

His finishing, although it improved last year, is still woeful for a striker, and the more time he has, the worse he gets.

He is dreadful at staying onside, even at around the halfway line he often finds a way to stray into an offside position, despite having the pace to outrun most defenders.

His goalscoring record, taking last season out as a fluke, has always been poor for the number of games he plays.

Turning to his second spell with us, I would add the following;

His first season was a poor one, with his performance in Kaunas still one of the worst I have ever seen from a Rangers centre forward.

With the amount of chances our team created for him that year, he should have outscored Boyd.

He is injury prone, and will miss many games with injuries every year.

When he loses form, he stays out of form for weeks/months. Similarly, when he is in a scoring streak he looks much better, but you know it wont last, and it doesnt.

As a lone striker, you know we wont score many, as he comes so deep, the opposition back 4 could get the deckchairs out.

And let me just say that my dislike is nothing to do with him having played for Timmy, as I openly cheered when he signed for them and was hoping he would stay there much longer than he did. I have no problem with us playing players who played for them, or support them, if they are good enough and apply themselves properly for us, that is good enough for me.

Kenny Miller is not the type of player I like, and therefore I dont like him in my team. He gets my full support for 90 minutes every week, and I do try to contain my frustration when he blazes another good chance over the bar, or is caught offside at the half way line, or fails to make the obvious run into the channels to create space, or traps the ball so far it goes to someone else, and I cheer as loudly and proudly as anyone when he scores, but I can and do see faults in every part of his game, as is my right.

If other bears choose to ignore these faults then that is entirely a matter for them, and I have no problem with that either, as we are all Bears after all.

Guest Flying Hippo
I do have a dislike for Miller, as a footballer, for the following reasons.

His first touch is very poor, and often goes further than some can kick it.

His finishing, although it improved last year, is still woeful for a striker, and the more time he has, the worse he gets.

He is dreadful at staying onside, even at around the halfway line he often finds a way to stray into an offside position, despite having the pace to outrun most defenders.

His goalscoring record, taking last season out as a fluke, has always been poor for the number of games he plays.

Turning to his second spell with us, I would add the following;

His first season was a poor one, with his performance in Kaunas still one of the worst I have ever seen from a Rangers centre forward.

With the amount of chances our team created for him that year, he should have outscored Boyd.

He is injury prone, and will miss many games with injuries every year.

When he loses form, he stays out of form for weeks/months. Similarly, when he is in a scoring streak he looks much better, but you know it wont last, and it doesnt.

As a lone striker, you know we wont score many, as he comes so deep, the opposition back 4 could get the deckchairs out.

And let me just say that my dislike is nothing to do with him having played for Timmy, as I openly cheered when he signed for them and was hoping he would stay there much longer than he did. I have no problem with us playing players who played for them, or support them, if they are good enough and apply themselves properly for us, that is good enough for me.

Kenny Miller is not the type of player I like, and therefore I dont like him in my team. He gets my full support for 90 minutes every week, and I do try to contain my frustration when he blazes another good chance over the bar, or is caught offside at the half way line, or fails to make the obvious run into the channels to create space, or traps the ball so far it goes to someone else, and I cheer as loudly and proudly as anyone when he scores, but I can and do see faults in every part of his game, as is my right.

If other bears choose to ignore these faults then that is entirely a matter for them, and I have no problem with that either, as we are all Bears after all.

Fair enough for having the decency to post a whole essay backing up your opinion. Certainly beats a gif emoticon in place of text. People have differing opinions on players and i guess it's futile and almost juvenile to argue incessantly over it