Where this board leads.

I like to think of myself as having learned from a lifetime of my own mistakes and other peoples, I like to think of myself as fair and open minded, hopefully others do also.

well fwliw i for one do sir wabash of cannonball!

Don't know if there is really a debate on this subject, more likely you are either a traditionalist or not....which ever you are it doesn't make you any better or any worse a supporter than anyone else, it is a broad church with free choice. :)

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showpost.php?p=214025&postcount=135

Ok I see but every person will have their own understanding of what a 'traditionalist' is though, so it is hard to put a lot of people into that bracket.

For some it would simply mean being a proud protestant and wanting the club back to the days where the majority were also.

For others it could be as you describe in your post.

There are many definitions of what the word traditionalist means to Rangers and I'm just wondering what most people think of when that word gets branded about.

History is the entrance to, and anvil of the future.

If, historians or scribes choose to misrepresent historical fact that is their preogative, it does not alter the truth of history, it merely lies about it.

There is only truth, much like 53 titles and tradition, all else is falsehood.

Past successes are no guarantee for future success. Modern problems need to be met with modern methods. The anvil is a relic of the past, computer driven machines are running the show. History is what it is: History. The future is looking forward and leaving the past as a fond memory.

Guest Broxi_Bear_Eire

Interesting comments here well I would class myself as a Traditionalist Rangers fan been going to Ibrox for over 50 years now followed them all over Europe as well. But to me the values I hold as a Rangers fan are simple thy are of the days when Players and management in the main conducted themselves in a proper manner at all times now it would be stupid to say that they all behaved impeccably it just wouldn't be realistic. It should also mean when a player signs for us he is told the clubs history and the high standards we as club expect from them.

However I have never subscribed to the "We are a Protestant club " syndrome whilst acknowledging the period in our history when the signing of RC's was taboo it must be noted that IMO I have never found anything when reading about our club that Protestantism was at the heart of its foundation.

I for one was happy to see that barrier crumble and strongly believe we are better off for it happening.

One last thing I am RC and I know a fair amount of other RC's who follow Rangers with the same passion as myself

Past successes are no guarantee for future success. Modern problems need to be met with modern methods. The anvil is a relic of the past, computer driven machines are running the show. History is what it is: History. The future is looking forward and leaving the past as a fond memory.

Nothing except death and taxes are a guarantee.

History is what society made it, the Future will be what we make it.

Nothing except death and taxes are a guarantee.

History is what society made it, the Future will be what we make it.

Totally agree with that but we will not make the best of it by tying ourselves down with old outdated morals and traditions of yesteryear.

Death is the only thing that is 100% guaranteed to everyone, it could be possible to avoid taxes

Totally agree with that but we will not make the best of it by tying ourselves down with old outdated morals and traditions of yesteryear.

Death is the only thing that is 100% guaranteed to everyone, it could be possible to avoid taxes

Morals are never outdated they are what they are, technology on the other hand is constantly outdated.

Interesting comments here well I would class myself as a Traditionalist Rangers fan been going to Ibrox for over 50 years now followed them all over Europe as well. But to me the values I hold as a Rangers fan are simple thy are of the days when Players and management in the main conducted themselves in a proper manner at all times now it would be stupid to say that they all behaved impeccably it just wouldn't be realistic. It should also mean when a player signs for us he is told the clubs history and the high standards we as club expect from them.

However I have never subscribed to the "We are a Protestant club " syndrome whilst acknowledging the period in our history when the signing of RC's was taboo it must be noted that IMO I have never found anything when reading about our club that Protestantism was at the heart of its foundation.

I for one was happy to see that barrier crumble and strongly believe we are better off for it happening.

One last thing I am RC and I know a fair amount of other RC's who follow Rangers with the same passion as myself

The Protestant banner is more of a name sticker than an act of deeds these days. Many Rangers supporter call themselves protestant but in fact many possibly most have totally no idea exactly what it entails. Many can not even spell it and use the word prodestant. The fact is that civil and social values should not be laid upon any group of people they should be a common factor in every walk of life.