Draw for the CL

Cheers wabash - I am having a bet at 4's - not stoopid enough to have a bet at 33's on us to win the group.

Been reflecting on the Man U Fulham game of last week, I am now more hopeful than I was earlier, Fulham raped them down the wings and Vidic and Scholes fouled their way through the game, Vidic in particular, I think if we get someone running at him, he could end up conceding in the box. Someone should have the straightforward task of sorting Scholes out straight from the kick off, but who I would give that job to would probably be easier to decide nearer kick off.

Been reflecting on the Man U Fulham game of last week, I am now more hopeful than I was earlier, Fulham raped them down the wings and Vidic and Scholes fouled their way through the game, Vidic in particular, I think if we get someone running at him, he could end up conceding in the box. Someone should have the straightforward task of sorting Scholes out straight from the kick off, but who I would give that job to would probably be easier to decide nearer kick off.

Fulham have a cracking team though... better than ours.

That's a sad state of affairs if true...

I remember watching Fulham v Rangers when we had just signed Prso and even though we had a budget team then, we were still well ahead of the Londoners. We only won 1-0 despite being the far better team and the goal was the best I've ever seen: bicycle kick from Dado.

It's hard to believe things have become so much worse since then and shows how out of kilter the whole financial thing has become.

How can you say the champions of what was the 8th ranked country in European competitions are minnows? Especially when Scotland was 13th? If they are minnows, what in the hell are we? Why then do we hope to win anything in Europe to richer clubs? It's completely illogical to me.

We should not "expect" to win any game in the CL. There are two football teams on the pitch who have earned the right to play in the CL, how can you "expect" to win? Have you ever played a competitive football match?

The weird thing is that we lost to three freak goals while scoring one ourselves and then played them off the park on their own patch but only earned a draw. That's just football. Shit happens.

Anyway, back to the point: our tactics were more gung ho against Unirea than two seasons previous, and we unluckily lost badly, but no-one seems happy that we played that way and lost badly.

Celtic played gung ho against Art Media and lost 5-0. I don't remember much praise for it.

England won the world cup by introducting 4-4-2 compared to most teams playing 4-3-3. They get lots of praise.

Again you fail to read what I am saying. Both Artmedia and Unirea were poor sides and it wasn't a one off final. I couldn't care less if Romania is higher up in the co-efficients. We know Scotland will always be low - there's only 2 remotely competent teams. Both Rangers and Celtic are far bigger than any Romanian club and should be consistently outperforming them in Europe. Let me not further embarrass you by comparing what Smith's side cost in comparison to Unireas.

We had a one off match against Zenit who were favourites and had to win the game. Setting out to just defend for 90 minutes and not make a game of it was ridiculous.

Have I repeated this basic logic enough for you or do I need to break it down further?

We had a one off match against Zenit who were favourites and had to win the game. Setting out to just defend for 90 minutes and not make a game of it was ridiculous.

Have I repeated this basic logic enough for you or do I need to break it down further?

You're so called basic logic is epically flawed. ;)

But just prior to Zenit securing the game we had a couple of decent chances to equalise. Or are you conveniently forgetting that ?

One mans "setting out to defend" is another mans "counter-attacking tactic" - and we did have chances to equalise with those tactics.

Two half chances doesn't equal counter attacking. We made no attempt to leave our own half. The fact is in a final you do everything to make a match of it and try and win the game. I'm not suggesting we should have gone all out attack by any means but with the way he set ourselves out, our probablility of winning was next to zilch.