Draw for the CL

Guest Flying Hippo

How much would some of those players cost nowadays? Compared to almost every other side in the Champions League, our squad is abysmal. The lack of natural talent in it is scary. But it's good enough for our bread and butter which is really the only thing people care about once we're past Christmas and our European run is invariably over

Edited by Flying Hippo

The sum total of what I am reading equates to us being a small team in European terms, who should have little or no expectations of things above our station, although we are big fish in our own little pond and WS is a God who has succeeded in this small pond of ours against all odds.....bollox about sums it up.

Some of us remember the great European Cup nights, when to be a Ranger meant something to those inside the jersey, in my own humble opinion the greatest night was 03/03/1965, when Inter came to town, never ever experienced an atmosphere or a crowd like it since or before, and I have experienced many.

We had expectations then and I still have them now, Ibrox always will be my theatre of dreams.

GLASGOW RANGERS-INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1-0(1-0)

Ibrox Park Glasgow 3.03.65 Ref: Kurt Tschenscher (WG) Att: 78.872

RANGERS: William Ritchie; David Provan, Eric Caldow (Cap); John Greig, Ronald McKinnon, Roger Hynd; William Henderson, James Millar, James Forrest, George McLean, William Johnston. Tr: James Scotland Symon

INTER: Giuliano Sarti; Tarcisio Burgnich, Giacinto Facchetti; Carlo Tagnin, Aristide Guarneri, Armando Picchi (Cap); Jair da Costa, Alessandro Mazzola, Joaqu�­n Peir�³, Luis Su�¡rez, Angelo Domenghini. Tr: Helenio Herrera

Goal: Forrest (6)

And yes Inter went on to win the trophy.

1992 - 1-1 draw away to Marseille with the likes of Deschamps, Desailly etc - baw hair from CL final.... and yes, Marseille also went on to win the trophy (only to later have it taken from them).

So... you have no point, right ?

1992 - 1-1 draw away to Marseille with the likes of Deschamps, Desailly etc - baw hair from CL final.... and yes, Marseille also went on to win the trophy (only to later have it taken from them).

So... you have no point, right ?

Not one that you would understand, tradition is a powerful ally.

Not one that you would understand, tradition is a powerful ally.

That was an abject failure of a response. Tradition has absolutely nothing to do with your Inter example and my Marseille response.

That was an abject failure of a response. Tradition has absolutely nothing to do with your Inter example and my Marseille response.

You are correct, your Marseilles comparison has nothing whatsoever to do with the great Rangers team that ripped Inter apart and went out 3-2.

You are struggling badly to make a summer out of Walter's two Swallows, Walter overall is a failure in Europe, get over it I did a long time ago.

I had such high hopes for him after he won his first Euro championship, sadly my hopes were dashed on a regular basis.

If money be your benchmark, count up how much Unirea cost.

How much did Red Star Belgrade cost who won the European Cup?

You profess to be wise but show little evidence of it... Money counts but it's not always measured in pounds and you don't always get VFM. Try and learn a wee bit more about countries beyond our shores...

I've already explained it and still can't believe the lack of understanding some people have of world economies. I usually don't get your gobbledegook but I think you've shown that I don't have to worry about missing anything enlightening.

BTW Were any of those players playing when we were beaten by Berwick Rangers? How much did that border team cost? Does that make that Rangers team the worst team ever? The worst manager ever?

It's easy to pick and choose the odd game to make a groundless point.

I wanted Chelsea and Madrid but probably got the next best for glamour, so Im happy with that.

I fancy us against anyone at Ibrox but our away form has to improve.

It's our away form that was half decent last season - our 2 points came away from home and our narrowest defeat likewise.

It's at Ibrox we were horrible.

How much did Red Star Belgrade cost who won the European Cup?

You profess to be wise but show little evidence of it... Money counts but it's not always measured in pounds and you don't always get VFM. Try and learn a wee bit more about countries beyond our shores...

I've already explained it and still can't believe the lack of understanding some people have of world economies. I usually don't get your gobbledegook but I think you've shown that I don't have to worry about missing anything enlightening.

I believe it was one of your allies who advanced money as a theory, I am far to wise to hang my hat on that peg, to have missed something you have to know what you are looking for, I see you haven't started yet.