Hibernian 0 - 3 Rangers: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

I thought Miller, goals aside, had a really poor game, as did most of our team. But it is goals that a striker is judged by, and a hat-trick means he has done his job for the team.

2 great passes from Davis to set up Weiss for the second and Miller for the third should not go without comment, and obviously our new wonderkid had us all off our seats with his pace, trickery and vision.

Back 4 were poor, which is harsh given we got a clean sheet at a difficult away ground, and big Davie Weir is looking really out of sorts these 2 games so far.

edu was quietly effective in midfield where he and Davis always seemed to be outnumbered, but in fact Hibs were playing the same formation as us, just their wide midfield players were always tucking in to help when we had the ball, something that Lafferty certainly did not for us.

We were talking at the hour mark that Naismith was the only one getting pass marks at that time, and that one goal would probably do it.

All in all it was a strange game, with Rangers generally being quite poor all over the park, yet we won easily in the end and we all left in a great mood with the performance of Weiss, and with Jelavic to come, Beattie getting fitter and sharper, and Davis still to get sharper after illness, it is starting to look good for our title retention hopes.

You had me all the way up till "Edu was quietly effective". Edu was absolutely DROSS in the 1st 45 mins. Dire. Wanted too much time on the ball, missed tackles, off the pace of the game and even got in the way of a team-mates pass (Davis) more than once in the same passage of play (he tried to get out of the way of Davis from making an obvious pass to Whittaker and in so doing kept getting IN the way).

I would have agreed - Naismith was the only one who would have got passmarks for me for the 1st half. Our defence - all 5 of them, were very poor. McGregor was very slow off his line for the shot which Bougie stopped on the line and the rest were out of sorts - although Whittaker still did good work further forward.

Beattie, for me, was very poor again. I cant believe that I am saying he looks slower than me. Sloth-like would be a more apt description - here's hoping it is just rustiness - but I am not holding out hope - just as well we signed Jelavic :D

I agree Craig. Weiss may only have been on the pitch for 25 minutes or so, but during that time, it was the most exciting Gers debut I can remember in a very long time. And certainly the first time in years where I've seen a player in the blue jersey who can actually take players on and beat them. Can't wait to see more of the lad and that's given me some real hope for the season ahead tbh.

Watching on tv, I thought Edu had a stinker btw. He seemed off the pace and mis-placed loads of passes, many of which looked like really simple and routine ones.

Edited by ascender

Edu was very poor first half but improved after the break as he had a bit more space and time.

He really needs to be sharper in such games. Him and Papac are infuriatingly lackadaisical at times.

I agree Craig. Weiss may only have been on the pitch for 25 minutes or so, but during that time, it was the most exciting Gers debut I can remember in a very long time. And certainly the first time in years where I've seen a player in the blue jersey who can actually take players on and beat them. Can't wait to see more of the lad and that's given me some real hope for the season ahead tbh.

Watching on tv, I thought Edu had a stinker btw. He seemed off the pace and mis-placed loads of passes, many of which looked like really simple and routine ones.

I thought it was the worst Edu's played in a very long time but he's allowed to have the occasional off day.