Miller - Life after Boyd

Guest Flying Hippo
From time to time there's an outbreak of total bollocks on this forum and it looks it's back again.

Kris who? Just how disrespectful and supercilious can you get about someone who pulled on the Rangers shirt and routinely scored more goals than anyone since McCoist? Those who take his place might turn out to be better or worse, time will tell, but why so quick to belittle someone who so clearly did the job he was asked to do for the Rangers.

Kris who? Kris Boyd, Rangers player and record goalscorer. Now, who the fukk are you?:(

There's juat as many people who refuse to pick any fault with Boyd as there are who dismiss his contribution

Perhaps both MF and S_A need to read the thread where this was first raised. Gav's post was really a sarcastic dig and not by any stretch serious in nature. Especially given as Gav was one of those who also felt Boyd should be kept.

He got the repsonse he was looking for though...

Perhaps both MF and S_A need to read the thread where this was first raised. Gav's post was really a sarcastic dig and not by any stretch serious in nature. Especially given as Gav was one of those who also felt Boyd should be kept.

My issue is not really with Gav anyway but those but can't help but have a dig at Boyd. THe same posters who wont be slow to tell anyone else to move on, as Boyd has, if they bring him up in a positive light.

Yet again I wonder why someone who was an exceptional signing for Rangers has to be subjected to snide comments that many poorer ex employees aren't subjected to. Though I fully expect this to continue for the next season or 2.

(Another, smaller point, but some would do well to note that Miller is not replacing Boyd as he was here and often starting ahead of Boyd when the Middlesborough striker was still here).

Jelavic will be Boyd's replacement probably. If it is Beattie he will need to get fit quickly - but it should probably be Jelavic. I fancy WS to start with Jelavic and Miller at the weekend - Beattie has made his home bow, time for the other new boy. Weiss is a stick-on to start.

One thing to note about Miller is that he really does seem to have found his shooting boots - from pre-season where he had a couple of very decent goals against Clyde, to the 3 yesterday - Kenny Miller of old would have missed AT LEAST one of the three goals he scored yesterday.

Guest Flying Hippo

Yesterday was an almost Boyd-like performance from Miller. 3 goals and not much else. He did absolutely nothing in the first half. Difference being that the chances of Boyd scoring a hat trick in a game like Hibs away would be very very slim. His record on grounds like Easter Road, Tynecastle, and Pittodrie (not to mention the obvious of the Piggerie) was very poor

Edited by Flying Hippo

Who's Gav?

boyd is slowly being edged out of my memory with every passing day. Seeing him celebrate his goal for middlesboro like he used to celebrate his goals for us didn't even make me jealous. I thought i'd miss him more.

Having a bang on form kenny miller makes it a lot easier. i'm dying to see what this jelavic guy is like. i might head along to ibrox on saturday for a wee day oot and find out.

sebo! Sebo!;)