Miller - Life after Boyd

Whether the "Boyd who" comment was a joke or not, I think there is currently plenty of truth behind the comment. He was a good player for us but chose to move on and it's the current team that now counts. It also answers the question, "are we missing him?" and the answer after the first two games is a resounding, "no!" We've score five goals - four of them coming from Miller, who had a decent total last year, not far behind Boyd.

Meanwhile Boyd has scored once in three games for Middlesbrough. It's a small statistical sample for a comparison but enough for a glib, tongue in cheek comment.

Personally, I don't think I'll be thinking much about Boyd this season, and it will be refreshing not seeing so many controversial threads about him. I'm more looking forward to seeing what our current strikers are doing - especially Jelavic.

I hope Boyd does well down south but I'm not too bothered if he isn't. I am, however, very bothered about the performances of the current Rangers team.

I like the way as soon as 'Boyd Who' gets mentioned Boyd fans leap to his defence - this AFTER he is left the club. Yet others can slate Miller who is flying at the moment and giving 110% for the team.

When Boyd was at Rangers I was a critic of him but still got behind him when he played, I just thought he wouldnt be in my XI unless it was the likes of Falkirk at home.

But IMO we wont miss him. Weiss got me more excited in 25 mins at Easter Road than Boyd did in 4.5 seasons.

Whether you liked Boyd or not while he was a Rangers player, whether you thought he was a good player or a poor one, what's wrong with showing respect for the job he did AND enjoying the performance of the current players. The two are not mutually exclusive. You don't undermine the current players by acknowledging those who move on.

Neither is it a case of leaping to anyone's defence. That's way too simplistic and verging on crass antagonism. It's a matter of basic respect. Almost no one who has pulled on a Rangers shirt has been a truly great player but all deserve respect for doing so, whatever their ability or contribution. You don't have to think they were a good player in order to show respect, you just have to be respectful .... while that may be a commodity in short supply today, it surely cannot be beyond the reach of most people, even contributors to this thread.

From time to time there's an outbreak of total bollocks on this forum and it looks it's back again.

Kris who? Just how disrespectful and supercilious can you get about someone who pulled on the Rangers shirt

And some people calling Miller "Kenny Misser" isnt disrespectful???

And some people calling Miller "Kenny Misser" isnt disrespectful???

Such research! You must be so proud. But of course at the time the comment was strictly descriptive ... and might yet be again.

However, you still seem to be struggling with the distinction between past and present players. There's a difference between commenting on the current performance of those who can do something about it and lashing past players who cannot. Once they leave, the book is closed - you may still not think they did a good job but why go out of your way to disrespect them?

However, you still seem to be struggling with the distinction between past and present players. There's a difference between commenting on the current performance of those who can do something about it and lashing past players who cannot. Once they leave, the book is closed - you may still not think they did a good job but why go out of your way to disrespect them?

Im not disrespecting but Its not as if we are talking about Laudrup, Gascoigne, Goram, Gough, McCoist, Albertz or Cooper leaving. So Gav is right, Boyd's performances will soon be forgotten about while the best of the past wont be. The club moves on, get over it.

Boyd scored goals against junk SPL opposition...big deal...the standard of SPL has been in decline in the last 10-15 years and is probably at an all time low in the last few years, I thought you'd be one who noticed that. So any comparison with past legends is a nonsense. Do I hear you making a fuss about closing the door on Vanoli or Ricksen from their time in a Rangers shirt? we remember they played for Rangers but that its, not many of their performances will stick in my mind the same as Boyd's, yet the likes of Laudrup gives me superb memories.

Kris who? Kris Boyd, Rangers player and record goalscorer. Now, who the fukk are you?:(

I may not be filthy rich or famous but I've got a good job and happily married. I'm happy with that. Now, who are you?

BTW, I'm underpaid if anything and probably do more than Boyd in a week than he does in 90 minutes.