Beattie HAS looked poor though. He needs games, no doubt. But he has only once loooked like scoring.

Comparing the goals Beattie scores for us to the number Boyd will for Boro is a pointless comparison IMO. Put Boyd back in a Rangers shirt and I bet he would score more for us than Beattie ever would.

That is comparing apples to oranges - completely futile as they play for different teams, different tactics, different team-mates, different quality of opposition. Completely pointless comparison.

Wasted money because he hasn't scored in 3 games? How many goals has Boyd scored in his first 5 games for Middlesbrough?

Wasted because it has been all downhill for him, since his Southampton days, he will spend more time on the treatment table than he will on the park, and you can't score goals from there. Boyd is the all time SPL hit man, you must have forgot....again, but I know how much that irks you.

Guest Flying Hippo
Wasted because it has been all downhill for him, since his Southampton days, he will spend more time on the treatment table than he will on the park, and you can't score goals from there. Boyd is the all time SPL hit man, you must have forgot....again, but I know how much that irks you.

We've been here before Silver. You like to make out that i have a personal dislike of Boyd, because you have one of Lafferty, when you'll never find anything other than me simply stating i don't rate him

We've been here before Silver. You like to make out that i have a personal dislike of Boyd, because you have one of Lafferty, when you'll never find anything other than me simply stating i don't rate him

No, you continually bring Boyd into subjects that have nothing to do with him, I thought Beattie was the crux, but everyone to their own.

Guest Flying Hippo
No, you continually bring Boyd into subjects that have nothing to do with him, I thought Beattie was the crux, but everyone to their own.

I think you'll find you brought him into it, claiming Beattie was his panic buy replacement

Beattie may have been a panic buy, not so much because Boyd left but because the Jelavic deal almost fell apart. Though to believe that line of thought you would need to believe what our press wrote.

Beattie is a seasoned veteran with decenti(ish) pedigree in England but with his age is going to be somewhat on the decline. At the weekend there were signs that he will be able to use his physical presence well. He will be able to take the ball with his back to goal and bring others into the game. We know in the SPL that there will be times when we will need a physical front man.

I think he will definitely score a few, though most likely nowhere near as many as Boyd. Considering though that Smith does not like forwards in the Boyd mold (golascorer only) it would be futile to compare the two. Smith will have him earmarked for another job.

When he gets fit I think he will be a useful, experienced target man but like most our squad I don't expect a great deal in Europe. Has he played European football before???

Ps. FH has every bit as much of a personal issue with Boyd as wabash does with Lafferty and to suggest otherwise is hilarious. :D

Guest Flying Hippo

Ps. FH has every bit as much of a personal issue with Boyd as wabash does with Lafferty and to suggest otherwise is hilarious. :D

Find one quote of me gratuitously abusing Boyd in a similar vein to Wabash and others do about Lafferty

I don't rate him as a footballer. Simple. His personality is irrelevant to me.

Beattie may have been a panic buy, not so much because Boyd left but because the Jelavic deal almost fell apart. Though to believe that line of thought you would need to believe what our press wrote.

Beattie is a seasoned veteran with decenti(ish) pedigree in England but with his age is going to be somewhat on the decline. At the weekend there were signs that he will be able to use his physical presence well. He will be able to take the ball with his back to goal and bring others into the game. We know in the SPL that there will be times when we will need a physical front man.

I think he will definitely score a few, though most likely nowhere near as many as Boyd. Considering though that Smith does not like forwards in the Boyd mold (golascorer only) it would be futile to compare the two. Smith will have him earmarked for another job.

When he gets fit I think he will be a useful, experienced target man but like most our squad I don't expect a great deal in Europe. Has he played European football before???

Issue with Lafferty, your havin a laff, he has so far proved beyond a reasonable doubt to be a puddin, unless of course you know better.

Issue with Lafferty, your havin a laff, he has so far proved beyond a reasonable doubt to be a puddin, unless of course you know better.

Whether you have an issue with Lafferty or not I haven't really noticed. When a player has been mostly poor I expect to see criticism and don't put it down to anything other than what his performances and off-field antics merit.

When people hold a player who has made a fantastic contribution to the club in lower regard than that of players like Lafferty as described above then I begin to wonder what other reasons people have for such strong opinions against a player who has for the most part been an excellent signing.

I didn't mean to suggest that you did necessarily have an issue with Lafferty, just amused at FH's accusation against you considering his own extreme views.