Whether you have an issue with Lafferty or not I haven't really noticed. When a player has been mostly poor I expect to see criticism and don't put it down to anything other than what his performances and off-field antics merit.

When people hold a player who has made a fantastic contribution to the club in lower regard than that of players like Lafferty as described above then I begin to wonder what other reasons people have for such strong opinions against a player who has for the most part been an excellent signing.

I didn't mean to suggest that you did necessarily have an issue with Lafferty, just amused at FH's accusation against you considering his own extreme views.

Right OK, I will let you aff this time, but nae more o the soft soaping me, ye canny get roon me that way.... plus I am watchin the Everton game and wonderin what planet the Scottish game is on...:fish:

How is not rating someone an "extreme" view? It's not like i claimed not to rate Laudrup or Gascoigne

Boyd - cheap signing. Excellent value for money. Dont rate him.

Lafferty - expensive signing (relatively). Largely poor so far. Rate him highly.

That sort of thinking will always confuse me until (and if) Lafferty starts peforming consistently.

Guest Flying Hippo
Boyd - cheap signing. Excellent value for money. Dont rate him.

Lafferty - expensive signing (relatively). Largely poor so far. Rate him highly.

That sort of thinking will always confuse me until (and if) Lafferty starts peforming consistently.

Unless you've ever saw me claim that Boyd was a waste of money and Lafferty was good value for money, then their respective fees are completely irrelevant

Boyd was obviously great value for money. It doesn't mean he's a good footballer

I'll be judging Beattie after he has had 5 or 6 games as 1) he needs fitness and 2) needs to adjust to the SPL and his new team mates.

Granted he has looked poor but he did show some good composure to set Miller up at Hibs last week when 99 strikers out of 100 would have probably tried to shoot from that tight angle.

Its a long season with 4 competitions so all out strikers will be needed.

Guest Broxi_Bear_Eire
No Irish catholic would join us if Celtic wanted him. Most wouldn't even contemplate it regardless

Wrong I know a few mainly youngsters that would jump at the chance of joining us thats a really silly generalisation

Wrong I know a few mainly youngsters that would jump at the chance of joining us thats a really silly generalisation

Sorry for being so direct but you're talking utter bollocks. To pretend there would be no backlash against an Irish catholic joining Rangers is naive in the extreme. Like most Rangers fans I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he was a good enough player but I have no doubt whatsoever that there would be no end of good Irish catholics lining up to make his life a misery - especially those Irish catholics who have never actually laid eyes on Ireland.

Guest Broxi_Bear_Eire
Sorry for being so direct but you're talking utter bollocks. To pretend there would be no backlash against an Irish catholic joining Rangers is naive in the extreme. Like most Rangers fans I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he was a good enough player but I have no doubt whatsoever that there would be no end of good Irish catholics lining up to make his life a misery - especially those Irish catholics who have never actually laid eyes on Ireland.

Did I say they there wouldn't be a backlash nope of course there would be from idiots that know no better but I can assure you there are plenty who would be happy for a young player to come to us.

As for the bit in bold if they haven't laid eyes on Ireland there not Irish know matter what they wish to believe.

Now as someone who lives here and is involved in youth football I would say the reaction I get from the young players I coach is more relevant than you being direct.

In case you didn't know we have a young player from the R.O.I. on our books Alan Smith 18 year old goalkeeper