Lafferty attracting interest

When? I can think one time when he came across as an arse but he was getting pelted for weeks from the media and support.

Also don't get how Big Lee doesn't get criticised for the same thing considering he is doing it just about every week :giruy:

Some of the support have wanted him to fail from day one and I have no idea why. Maybe they just thought he wasn't good enough for the fee we paid for him but that isn't his fault.

Why attack one ranger to defend another?

And whilst many think Lee's comments in the press ill-thought out, they are in a completely different context to the silly things Lafferty has said and done from time to time.

Some of the support have wanted him to fail from day one and I have no idea why. Maybe they just thought he wasn't good enough for the fee we paid for him but that isn't his fault.

There's also plenty people who didn't want us to sign him & didn't think he was good enough, but have given him the support he deserves simply because he's playing for us.

Why attack one ranger to defend another?

And whilst many think Lee's comments in the press ill-thought out, they are in a completely different context to the silly things Lafferty has said and done from time to time.

Sorry the last bit of what I said wasn't aimed at him.

There's also plenty people who didn't want us to sign him & didn't think he was good enough, but have given him the support he deserves simply because he's playing for us.

Yeah I was in that group but he signed so he gets my full support. Our support is fickle at times, last season or the season before the majority were wanting rid of Big Lee, I was constantly reading every week how crap how he was and that he was never a player. Fast forward a bit, he hasn't changed or played any different and now he is everyone's choice for captaincy.

I'm just pissed off with some of the lengths some fans will go to tell us how much Lafferty is crap, they don't like him etc etc. while not saying anything as bad about the players from the mhanky mhob.

(Not even saying on this forum, just in general)

I think some of the forums give a bit of a skewed version of what our support is actually like though. I'd have thought that when we sign someone (with the very odd exception based on their past), 99% of the support will be behind them and want them to be a success. Even if it looks like we've paid over the odds for them or don't rate them, I'm sure nearly all fans will hope they do a good job for us.

Lafferty needs to do his talking on the pitch and show he's got the attitude to knuckle down and turn things around. The fact he seems to not learn anything from his previous lessons is maybe why he's struggling to win the fans over. We've all seen players who act like this before, no matter what age they are, but often, these guys have had something special about them which is why they've maybe been cut some slack by the fans and management.

I agree though, we are a fickle support, but I think that's true of all football fans to be honest.

I think some of the forums give a bit of a skewed version of what our support is actually like though. I'd have thought that when we sign someone (with the very odd exception based on their past), 99% of the support will be behind them and want them to be a success. Even if it looks like we've paid over the odds for them or don't rate them, I'm sure nearly all fans will hope they do a good job for us.

Lafferty needs to do his talking on the pitch and show he's got the attitude to knuckle down and turn things around. The fact he seems to not learn anything from his previous lessons is maybe why he's struggling to win the fans over. We've all seen players who act like this before, no matter what age they are, but often, these guys have had something special about them which is why they've maybe been cut some slack by the fans and management.

I agree though, we are a fickle support, but I think that's true of all football fans to be honest.

Simpler than that, you have to show you deserve to wear the Rangers jersey, you have to prove you are up to Rangers standard, Kyle fails on both counts, not fickleness......simple fact.

It is very possible to be completely supportive of the players at the matches, while slaughtering them on message boards.

There are players I dont like, dont rate, and wish would never wear our colours again, but during match-time, they get my full support, and I try as hard as possible to bite my tongue when they mess up, and save it for the bus home, the forums, pub chat etc, which is where you can say what you feel about certain players without any influence on their performance.

What I cant stand is the abuse given out to players during matches, booing, heckling, and even cheering when they get subbed, without same fans actually "supporting" the same players. Give the opposition the abuse, back your team, and feel free to dish out the abuse elsewhere.

I think some of the forums give a bit of a skewed version of what our support is actually like though.

Never a truer word spoken, but it doesn't go far enough. I'd have to say the forums as a whole are generally a pretty innaccurate barometer of the support in the real world.

Simpler than that, you have to show you deserve to wear the Rangers jersey, you have to prove you are up to Rangers standard, Kyle fails on both counts, not fickleness......simple fact.

And at this precise moment in time just exactly is that and how is it measured , by the team , by the board , by the management , or even by the support , in that case we get what we deserve , at this moment in time .

Traditions are something that though they may be something to aspire to are something of a distant memory to those in power , and as for standards it is nothing more than a dirty word to some in places of authority .