Lafferty attracting interest

Pity this didnt come to light, there is always January.

The story I'd heard (from someone who has a relative working withion the club) is that he is being given until January to prove himself.

I'd heard that story before the Hibs game, so if it's true, he's not done himself any favours so far.

I would have thought January 2009 would have been more appropriate to have proven himself by, but hey-ho, two and a half years at �£20K pw and a �£3.5M price tag and we still dont "know" if he can prove himself!!

My vote went in ages ago, and with our striking options as is, I dont expect him to get much of a chance to "prove himself" in his natural position between now and January, and he has proven he cant play successfully and consistently on the left wing already, so I dont really see the point.

But I suppose we need to persevere given the outlay on him to try to get him in some sort of form to move him on for a fee that wont be a total loss to us.

Exact same as last season, brilliant pre-season then goes back to his usual old self of being shite! I can remember a spell in his first season when he played up-front and looked a player in 3 or 4 games before he got injured. Everyone was creaming themselves and were gutted when he got injured. Sadly he hasn't shown anything since then except from a couple of games at the end of each season.

It is funny that he has scored the title winning goal in the last 2 seasons though :D

Lafferty does do my head in, When he was first introduced to the squad I felt sorry for him for not getting a chance ahead of Boyd and then getting played out in the wide left. He did show a glimpse of something at the end of the season but now its seems like he had went back a step, He is far too inconsistent.