What do we make of Beattie?

I posted a thread following his debut, which suggested he'd done ok if not spectacularly, and many of you said you couldn't judge after one game. Well that's been 3 now and if I am not mistaken he's been subbed every time. His one memorable contribution, the intelligent cut back for Miller at Easter Road.

Otherwise it seems to me he's a willing worker who will do the sort of dirty work other strikers opt out of, and will always be available for a pass, but that his form has been average at best, his fitness not great and he obviously hasnt scored yet.

With the signing of Jelavic I get the impression Beattie is now closer to a squad player than a first team regular, with Miller, Naismith and Lafferty all ahead of him. But the game is all about rotation so his experience will be valuable overall in the CL and in league games.

I just don't expect many goals or inspiring play - he's kind of a striker version of Lee McCulloch but not fully fit or in form.

Or am I being harsh?

I thought he did well at Easter Rd and did well to set up Miller for the first goal. Now that Jelavic is in and Miller looking set to stay at least untill January I think Beattie will mainly find himself on the bench. I think Beattie will be useful for home games after CL games where no doubt Kenny Miller will be asked to run his socks off as usual and my be knackered by the weekend fixture

So by December you still won't have made up your mind?

Made up my mind about what? You asked what people thought of him, not whether we had made up our minds about him, whatever that might mean. I've seen too many players condemned by Xmas only to go on to make a major contribution to the season.... and vice versa.

We're always so quick to judge - which, with the exception of Kenny Miller, is seldom justified. :whistle:

I posted a thread following his debut, which suggested he'd done ok if not spectacularly, and many of you said you couldn't judge after one game. Well that's been 3 now and if I am not mistaken he's been subbed every time. His one memorable contribution, the intelligent cut back for Miller at Easter Road.

Two. His cut back for Miller at Easter Road and he he made the Killie keeper pull of a great save during his debut game.

There's no doubting he's nowhere near match fit but hopefully he keeps getting games to improve his fitness. Once he scores one he'll score grow in confidence and get a few more.

However, he's got a fight on his hands with the signing of Jelavic. I think he'll be a sub during the CL games as there's no way Smith will play two upfront and Miller is odds on to start all 6 games if he stays fit.

All in all, I'd rate his 3 games at 6/10.

Made up my mind about what? You asked what people thought of him, not whether we had made up our minds about him, whatever that might mean. I've seen too many players condemned by Xmas only to go on to make a major contribution to the season.... and vice versa.

We're always so quick to judge - which, with the exception of Kenny Miller, is seldom justified. :whistle:

Ok, we'll play this your way. By December you won't have expressed any opinion about him?