Can Scottish football sink any lower.

I remember the euphoria of our departure for Argentina and Ally's magic carpets in 78, I also remember the dissappointment of our performance there, but nothing can take away the country being on fire before we left, punters turning up at Hamdump to see the players off. There is nothing to breed hope like hope itself, as despair breeds despair.

Hope and belief are powerful allies, which we often used like Wembley 67, without belief and hope there is nothing, will someone come to the fore and give us that hope and belief ?

Before big matches I always have hope and belief. Its when the heart takes over from the head in the build up. I guarantee that before the Man U game I'll reckon Fergie's men are there for the taking and that all we need is a bit of inspiration and some backs-to-the-wall defending.

TB there was just under 40,000 there the other night

It must have been cheap tickets to get 40K for a diddy match. OK, I correct my previous statement to 3/4 full from half-full :)

Incidentally, I was in a local newsagents shop in Baillieston after visiting a client on Tuesday afternoon and a local teenager who the shop owner obviously knew well was telling the shop owner that he was going to the game at hampden and was looking forward to it.

Fair enough I thought, it is good to get the youngsters interested in the National team, but imagine my disbelief when I take a look at the youngster only to see him decked out in the Germany tracksuit :confused:

Kids nowadays

�£28 for adult and child makes it comparable to most SPL games then, so I will continue to be surprised at the attendance for such lowly opposition.

Perhaps the fans are just pleased to have got rid of Boozy Burley, or thought they were turning up to a slaughter of such underrated minnows!

I would expect nothing less than full houses against Spain and Czechs, and depending how the group is looking will dictate the crowd for the Lithuania game at the end of the campaign, and sensible ticket pricing would help. Did the SFA not do a kind of season ticket idea for all group games? Would seem to me to be the right way to do it with such a glamour game against Spain in the group.

A bit like us selling the CL 3 game package, with a �£2/3 discount per game for buying the package.

Scotland need an experienced manager with knowledge of world football. Also Tuesday night didn't lack strength, it lacked technique. You can win a football match without trying to kick the opponents off the park.

Edited by Totti

or thought they were turning up to a slaughter of such underrated minnows!

I certainly fetched up in the hope of seeing us rattle in 4 or 5, and by doing so encourage my son to get into supporting Scotland. Not surprisingly, he isn't that keen on going back.