Can Scottish football sink any lower.

So what exactly do you subscribe to,,,again I am all ears but you aren't saying anything.

Your wider points about the structure and organisation of the game I largely agree with. Where I differ from you is the aftermath of last night's game: I see us sitting top of the group with 4 points whereas you seem to see it as us plummeting new depths of desparity. Whilst poor, some of the reaction to last night's performance has been OTT in my opinion.

Your wider points about the structure and organisation of the game I largely agree with. Where I differ from you is the aftermath of last night's game: I see us sitting top of the group with 4 points whereas you seem to see it as us plummeting new depths of desparity. Whilst poor, some of the reaction to last night's performance has been OTT in my opinion.

Yes, leveins celebration at the end tells it's own story, if you can't see the wood for the trees ,if you think we are advancing rather than going backwards, who am I to disabuse of that view.

I am lucky enough to remember the days when Scotland if not feared, were at least respected even under the same archaic establishment that runs our game to this day....IMHO doing nothing is no longer an option, restructure or be consigned to the fifth tier.

Yes, leveins celebration at the end tells it's own story, if you can't see the wood for the trees ,if you think we are advancing rather than going backwards, who am I to disabuse of that view.

I'm not suggesting he is a panacea but time will tell regarding Levein. You and many others may have already written him off. But, whilst there are aspects of his approach I do not like (such as his post-match whinging), I am willing to give the guy a break whilst he gets results. If he stops getting results, all bets are off.

I have been consistent on my views regarding the structure of our game so I don't see how that is me being unable to see the wood from the trees and I will continue to support the national team despite it being pretty desperate viewing at times.

I am lucky enough to remember the days when Scotland if not feared, were at least respected even under the same archaic establishment that runs our game to this day....IMHO doing nothing is no longer an option, restructure or be consigned to the fifth tier .

I can't remember us being anything other than inconsistent so yes you are lucky! As said above, I agree regarding root and branch reform of the game.

Regards levein, you are allowed to have an opinion, you don't need to wait for hindsight, I think he is one of if not the worst manager it has been my misfortune to come across, that is my opinion I don't need to wait and see for time to tell, if I am wrong I will be wrong, right now I am correct. What exactly are his qualifications for the Scotland job, it certainly isn't success as a manager.

A statement on behalf of the Scottish FA�s acting chief executive,

George Peat:

ââ?¬Å?I was embarrassed and extremely disappointed by the disgraceful

behaviour of some of our supporters during the Liechtenstein national

anthem at Hampden Park last night.

ââ?¬Å?The Scotland fans have worked hard to earn their reputation

throughout the world as fun-loving and respectful followers of football.

Last night, those who chose to boo our opponents� anthem only served

to tarnish that reputation.

ââ?¬Å?I apologise unreservedly to our visitors for the crass reaction to

their anthem, just as I did in private last night to the Liechtenstein

delegation. It must not be forgotten that all nations must abide by

FIFA�s Fair Play policy and last night�s behaviour does nothing to

help Scotland�s image.�

We live in a country largely addicted to ignorance and boorish attitudes, twin attributes that both explain and stem from a profound lack of self-respect. The cringeworthy behaviour at Hampden last night was as obnoxious as it was predictable. Wankers.

Frankie mentioned Levein finding a replacement for Brown in the coming year but no way on earth can I see Levein dropping Brown.

On a sidenote, why wasn't Dorrans even named as a sub last night?

Edited by Gazza_8