Can Scottish football sink any lower.

The SFA have reaveled that Craig Levein will be stepping down as Scotland manager. The news has broke thismorning and has come as a shock to many, while others have commented that it was only a matter of time. The SFA Chief George Peat reportedly commented "We were all dissappointed with the team's performance at Hampden & also out in Lithuania, so after much discussion with Wabashcannonball, we've decided to agree to mutually part on good terms with Craig of Levein. We've all had a party & thoroughly enjoyed the VIP treatment at home and away, so no matter the outcome of Craig's tenure, no matter who the next manager is & no matter the results, long may the VIP treatment continue for the good of Scottish football. Hail Hail!!"

Quote is alledgedly from an unconfirmed source!

I thought the appointment of Levein was the right choice. He's had 4 games so far - 2 wins, a draw and a defeat.

I would sack him based on Wednesday nights performance.

An over-reaction IMO. Not an untypical one although quite bizarre considering he won the match. The sharp knives are out for Levein much in the same way they were for Burley, except this time I'm not so sure its deserved. Not yet anyway. The performance was poor but its the result that counts. Should that change to poor performances AND poor results, then I will reconsider.

Levein has done reasonable some odd picks e.g. Kenneth, I am still with him he won't get much in the next match, best maybe a draw.

Burley's press conference after the Macedonia game, still sticks in my mind he said we were "outstanding" in the second half and pretty much said to me he was clueless.

I don't know who would want the Scotland job if we fired manager's during campaigns, who would want it now anyway?

Levein has done reasonable some odd picks e.g. Kenneth, I am still with him he won't get much in the next match, best maybe a draw.

Burley's press conference after the Macedonia game, still sticks in my mind he said we were "outstanding" in the second half and pretty much said to me he was clueless.

I don't know who would want the Scotland job if we fired manager's during campaigns, who would want it now anyway?

It was more than the press conference that indicated he was clueless. There was the Broadfoot "player of limited ability" comments, the bizarre team selection and tactics for that game too. Quite why he thought it was a good idea to sit in for the first half when a blind man could see we would struggle with the heat in the second half, I do not know. And, to be honest, that was just the start of the whole Burley debacle.

All you people calling for his head should first think about (a) who would want the job; and (b) who is available that we could afford. Levein may be the best of the rest. Billy Davies anyone? Craig Broon?

I thought Levein was a good appointment and he has done okay so far. Too many folk are quick to judge - I'd prefer to see where things lie come the end of the qualifying campaign. Also, I think folks expectation levels are too high when you consider we are a nation who has not qualified for a major competition for 12 years now.