Scotsman Uses Sectarian Term to Joke about Pope Visit and Rangers Fans

http://news.scotsman.com/cartoon/Cartoon-.6534155.jp

Of course, the cartoon actually pokes fun at the Pope's own Nazi background but in doing so, also infers Rangers fans can compared unfavourably. Furthermore, the title of 'Faiths coming together' brings some sort of bizarre and needless Protestant satire into the piece which should make anyone uneasy given sectarianism is supposed to be a big problem in this country.

Sure it may not be the biggest thing in the world to worry about but once again the double standards are clear as there's no way a similar type of cartoon would have made it's way into the papers about other football supporters (e.g. the Pope winking to Celtic fans and 'knowing' about child abuse cover-ups).

It's okay to poke fun at protestants as we're not easily offended, they are and that's what makes it so much fun to tke the piss out of them.

I hope it pishes down and his followers are soaked.

Watching the it on BBC News and HRM and the beast aren't smiling. Prince Philip to chin him:D

The Scotsman used to be a Scottish newspaper. Now it's a propaganda platform for the republican and catholic communities in this country, run by catholics for the benefit of catholics. From their online forums to the printed page, they never pass up an opportunity to undermine Rangers of that part of Scottish life that they think we represent. Fuck the Scotsman and all who work for it.

Guest Broxi_Bear_Eire
http://news.scotsman.com/cartoon/Cartoon-.6534155.jp

Of course, the cartoon actually pokes fun at the Pope's own Nazi background but in doing so, also infers Rangers fans can compared unfavourably. Furthermore, the title of 'Faiths coming together' brings some sort of bizarre and needless Protestant satire into the piece which should make anyone uneasy given sectarianism is supposed to be a big problem in this country.

Sure it may not be the biggest thing in the world to worry about but once again the double standards are clear as there's no way a similar type of cartoon would have made it's way into the papers about other football supporters (e.g. the Pope winking to Celtic fans and 'knowing' about child abuse cover-ups).

Well I hope everyone is going to complain I know where shorerd is coming from but sometimes as Rangers fans we have to stand up for ourselves

I have already complained to both the Scotsman and PCC , this is incredible that a broadsheet would stoop to this level, how it got passed for publication is beyond me and apparently the Editorial staff at the Scotsman

Edited by rbr

Guest Broxi_Bear_Eire
I have already complained to both the Scotsman and PCC , this is incredible that a broadsheet would soop to this level, how it got passed for publication is beyond me and apparently the Editorial staff at the Scotsman

Just emailed them myself