RST AGM Tomorrow

Maybe you should ask the former, former treasurer rather than the Board's least able member.

Perhaps you're right. The board's least able member is probably so immersed in her own inadequacies and cultivating pointless defiance that asking her would be an utter waste of time ... like expecting her to exhibit competence and integrity on behalf of the RST membership.

You're utterly sunk, aren't you? Red handed and nowhere left to hide comes to mind.

And you know the best bit ... there's so much more still to emerge and the least able member is centre stage.

Perhaps you're right. The board's least able member is probably so immersed in her own inadequacies and cultivating pointless defiance that asking her would be an utter waste of time ... like expecting her to exhibit competence and integrity on behalf of the RST membership.

You're utterly sunk, aren't you? Red handed and nowhere left to hide comes to mind.

And you know the best bit ... there's so much more still to emerge and the least able member is centre stage.

Is that right? Bring it on. I have absolutely nothing to hide.

I have to say that, after the last few days, any decent bear still associated with the Mistrust ... shouldn't be. Any member of the RST board with an iota of integrity and conscience should now be penning their immediate resignation, leaving only those too tarnished to redeem themselves. It's better all round if only the rats go down with the ship.

From the outside this hoo-ha about interest or no interest seems extraordinarily petty. I am no fan of the person in question from what little I know of him but I wouldn't be freaked about this in what is essentially a voluntary organisation. If you want it to run like a business I reckon you'd have to hire businessmen to run it, and that's hardly the idea.

'Financial gain' is too strong an accusation for this, afaics.

Why have money in an account where you don't earn interest?

Let's hope the 80k is earning interest.

Aw come on that's the (ex)Treasurer your talking to, why would you expect the RST treasurer to understand about basic financial obligations?:) it's absolutely outrageous how incompetent these people are at every level. I've been trying manfully to point out their failings for years, thankfully it's now there for everyone to see beyond their bullshit and bluster.

As a lifetime member of the Trust, I've become more disillusioned by it as times goes on. I thought it was a great idea initially, but couldn't understand why more fans didn't sign up to it and the Gersave scheme. I'm afraid I have very little idea about much of the soap opera goings-on which are being mentioned or alluded to, but from where I'm sitting, its a very unprofessional way to run any sort of organisation, let alone one which is supposed to represent the supporters.

Since the time when a lot of the board members resigned en-masse, the RST has been shambolic at best in my eyes. When I had a query about Gersave, the only way I could get an answer was by sending somone a private message on the FF forum. Why bother having contact details on the RST site if no-one monitors them? Similarly, with some of the stuff posted on FF about the RST makes me wonder if certain people there have a personal agenda they're trying to push. And you know what, I really don't give a f*ck about personal agendas, but that's just the point, the RST isn't supposed to be about personal agendas.

While there's the whole secret squirrel bullshit going on now, like some kid who loves to tell you he knows a secret but can't tell you what that secret is, sitting on the sidelines watching as a paid-up punter, its just embarrassing to watch. Its like amateur hour. And for all the good work that someone like Edgar has done with his presence in the media and a lot of the common-sense he speaks, it doesn't matter. The RST has become a joke online and while I realise how fickle and misrepresentative forums can be, what else am I supposed to think about them? People have been asking why membership is so low, but would you join up now if you'd been a member of FF for example over the last couple of years? Not a hope in hell.

And to top it all, this week I read that the Trust lost 10K last year. How the hell can that happen? I could understand it if it was money spent on a big advertising push to get membership numbers up, but apparently not. Maybe if I'd attended the AGM I would know where the money went, but of course I didn't know about the AGM....

Why was the Trust setup initially and what were its aims?

If any of the current board members honestly gives a toss about the above, they should start from scratch, get new members in, then all resign so the Trust can start with a clean slate. I know we have a very ambivalent support, but I fail to believe that a well-run Trust with publicised and defined aims won't attract much healthier numbers to its membership.

Ascender,

While being a solid perpetrator of the current soap opera, I'll be the first to admit that much of this is distasteful to anyone who believes that the affairs of the RST should be conducted in a proper and thorough manner.

However, there is a clear need for rebuilding here and that can't be started until the site is cleared of debris. The difficulty here has never been running an effective RST, it's been removing entrenched factions whose aim is only to further their own interests. Unless the other board members grow some testicles and use the means at their disposal, the bad guys cannot easily be removed from the outside - hence the need to apply as much pressure as is at our hand, even when it applies to individuals, to expose and hopefully strengthen resolve where it needs strengthening and weaken resistence where that is required.

VB and RM will be contacting Gersnet with a view to joint action to save the RST, not destroy it. Hopefully this site will agree to join with others to formulate more vigorous, although perhaps less visible, action.

This might have the look of a vindictive squabble but, in actual fact, it is probably the last chance to save this RST.

Edited by maineflyer