The Mint, Hugh Hendry and Hedge Funds

Does this guy have the necessary monetary clout or is he just another figurehead , also the thought of Murray sticking around forever fills me with sadness to be honest

I agree RBR, but I suspect some sort of role like this will be a condition of any takeover deal, even if its just to massage SDM's ego and make things go smoothly. I don't for one second think that anyone buying our club would allow anyone but them or their man be in charge of decision making, so I do think its a moot point.

Have heard that Hugh Hendry Glasgow born hedge fund manager and confidant of one Minty, has evinced an interest in our club, that interest may or may not retain Minty as lifetime figurehead.

Early days, should be interesting and quick if he does indeed make a move.

Have you not phoned his mobile yet? :whistle:

From the Assembly Site, The Bluenose.Com

Hugh Hendry ready to make a move for Rangers? 14 Hours, 4 Minutes ago Karma: 0

I have heard through the grapevine that a certain Hugh Hendry is making interesting noises behind the scenes about acquiring Rangers. I have to say that I have very mixed feelings about Hendry's motives with regard to Rangers.

Hendry is originally from Glasgow and is the boss of a major hedging company which basically tries to make huge amounts of money by taking huge gambles. For what it's worth, he seems to be very good in a field which is heavily populated by sharks.

But why Rangers? I can only assume that he has heard something about future prospects for Rangers outside Scotland. He is a big, big buddy of SDM which again kind of worries me.

He was born into a very poor working class background in Castlemilk and he is definitely from a Rangers family, although he is no fan of the game! I am concerned about the likes of him getting involved as we saw what people with a similar background can do; the Yanks at Liverpool.

If I hear any more I'll keep you informed

The most depressing thing about all of this is when you look at the transfer fees being paid for players in Europe. Its a sad indictment of the SPL that no-one is willing to spend less than it would cost to buy someone like Torres to get a whole club with a proud history like ours. Its just bizarre when you see some of the money being invested in run of the mill English clubs who have no hope of winning anything. Surely there's a wealthy businessman out there who wants to own a football club who will regularly win trophies and compete in Europe?

The best that I can get so far is that HH manages and directs more money than many countries national budgets, that money is apparently invested in various avenues on his say so/advice and discretion.

I was always told that it is the quiet ones you have to watch.

As far as I am led to believe his clout is a lot more than any banks, sort of George Soros level, but not as ruthless.....allegedly.

Whither he would see us or MIH as an investment opportunity only he and Murray will know.

Thanks for the info.

I've put the name to a few people who may be able to look into this further.

Have heard the meeja have started sniffing about, seems like their collective noses are seriously out of joint, as they never had the slightest about it or even knew who he was, which I admit is not a crime.

Heard snippets of this for the last couple of weeks, but nothing concrete, my own thoughts are that the Mint would like nothing more than a big bag of, as usual, someone else's money, to dump on the bank's table and tell them to get tae, a fantasy perhaps, but not one I would put past the Mint.