Resignation from the board of rangers supporters trust

Text of my letter sent by email to Stephen Smith

S Smith, Esq,

Chair

Rangers Supporters Trust

Saturday, 02 October 2010

Dear Stephen,

RESIGNATION FROM THE BOARD OF RANGERS SUPPORTERS TRUST

I hereby tender my resignation from the Board of Rangers Supporters Trust with immediate effect.

As you know it was my intention to resign from the Board at the same time as resigning as Secretary on 12 August 2010 but several Board members persuaded me to remain on the Board as they sought to remove yourself and Mr Mark Dingwall. At the same time I wanted to ensure that my financial management proposals were implemented in full.

However, following the AGM and the Board�s subsequent statement it has become clear that little positive can emerge for the Trust, its members or I from my continued membership of the Board. Furthermore, I cannot in all conscience remain in membership of a Board which takes such a different view of critical matters for the organisation.

In my opinion your position as a Board member is untenable for a number of reasons not the least of which was your failure as Chair to advise the Board of the debt owed by Mr Dingwall from September 2008 to August 2010. Equally I am of the opinion that Mr Dingwall�s position is untenable for a number of reasons, principal amongst which was his failure to declare the conflict of interest that arose from his debt as required by rule or to stand down from the Board at that time.

I call upon you and Mr Dingwall to resign forthwith.

I share the view expressed in some quarters that the best way forward for the Trust at this critical time would be to seek out and appoint an ââ?¬Å?independentââ?¬Â person of standing and gravitas in the greater Rangers community as Chair.

Yours sincerely,

Alan S Harris

Guest Pokeherface

I'm sure it is with the best interests of all concerned, but I dont think publishing a private letter such as this does you any credit.

You have just lobbed a grenade into the room by making it public that board members are trying to oust the chair and president(?) and not making it public who you are talking about and what their reasons are.

I have had a deal of sympathy with your points in this sorry mess but this being published here looks like nothing less than a public 'fuck you' (appologies for the coarse language, it is purely contextual though) designed more to cause problems than say 'I quit'.

If it is a public "fuck you" then it's as appropriate and useful as all the studied comment. However, that was clearly a reactionary comment from someone struggling to maintain his own pretence.

If I'm honest, as someone else wrote recently, I feel Alan Harris has simply tried to conduct himself in a very professional manner. The FSA are currently going well beyond previous authorisations and looking at everyone working within the financial services industry and reviewing, among everything else, personal & professional conduct. They're being very strict, and there isn't a day that goes past where people are not being notified by industry publications that a certain company or persons are being reviewed, investigated, fined or banned.

He's clearly had no shortage of both reason and excuse to do what he's done. Maybe we should just respect his intentions and accept he has given up much and gained nothing from this exercise....unlike certain other RST headline acts who have recently published mere gossip for nothing other than personal gain....and unlike many others who compromise themselves with silence.

Guest sumus populi

One thing is clear is that the Trust is a busted flush.

Who is going to join now?

How many will let their membership lapse as I have done?

If it is a public "fuck you" then it's as appropriate and useful as all the studied comment. However, that was clearly a reactionary comment from someone struggling to maintain his own pretence.

If I'm honest, as someone else wrote recently, I feel Alan Harris has simply tried to conduct himself in a very professional manner. The FSA are currently going well beyond previous authorisations and looking at everyone working within the financial services industry and reviewing, among everything else, personal & professional conduct. They're being very strict, and there isn't a day that goes past where people are not being notified by industry publications that a certain company or persons are being reviewed, investigated, fined or banned.

He's clearly had no shortage of both reason and excuse to do what he's done. Maybe we should just respect his intentions and accept he has given up much and gained nothing from this exercise....unlike certain other RST headline acts who have recently published mere gossip for nothing other than personal gain....and unlike many others who compromise themselves with silence.

As long as you aint a fuk faced fat greedy banker bastardo, raping the public as a customer and a taxpayer, come the glorious day, them fuks will be the first against the wa'.....

I'm sure it is with the best interests of all concerned, but I dont think publishing a private letter such as this does you any credit.

You have just lobbed a grenade into the room by making it public that board members are trying to oust the chair and president(?) and not making it public who you are talking about and what their reasons are.

I have had a deal of sympathy with your points in this sorry mess but this being published here looks like nothing less than a public 'fuck you' (appologies for the coarse language, it is purely contextual though) designed more to cause problems than say 'I quit'.

Quite the contrary I think it does give him credit.

Fat boy is at the crux of all of this and always has been, it's all about money and power.

Just a question, where do you think all the money/profit goes from all the dealings fat boy has?

He doesn't work for a living does he........................

Not bad for a Rugby man eh..

Let's avoid the personal insults please folks...

There's nothing wrong with people making money from their work within the community. Mark Dingwall won't be the first or last to do that so I find the 'profiteering' angle rather churlish.

The only time this can be questioned is when it conflicts with his representative work which has happened (to a degree) with the recent accounts irregularities. As such, with respect, accompanying such valid concerns with insults isn't the best way to make your point.