A final contribution to the debate

First post lads, Carson1912 on VB and SOU1999 on RM. I also have a log in for Borrow Borrow which I do not use.

I joined Gersnet because I often agree with Frankie's outlook on things and the dignity he posts it with. This is the sort of guy who should be leading the RST.

I have never been a member of the RST but I would consider it if the current board were ousted.

The problem being Egotists will never relinquish power, power is a drug to them.

It is obvious to everyone that the Rangers support does not have any faith in the current regime in the RST.

Do the right thing and resign and give the RST a chance to accomplish its aims.

I have read all the threads on this and I have to say the most noticeable thing is the patronising and condescending appalling attitude of the people who are trying to fight the corner of the RST.

Do they consider normal Rangers fans below them ?

Where do they get this elitist attitude ?

Are all these bears who resigned from the RST wrong ?

You're most welcome Mr Carson, Gersnet will only be a better place for your presence.

I highlighted one line from your post and you rightly hit the nail square on the head. All the debate in the world will achieve nothing so long as the megalomaniac at the heart of the clique decides he wants to stay... a bit like Murray, you can criticise till you're blue in the face and justify every sentence but it will count for squat while the problem wishes to remain in place. You can't force these people to go, all you can do is leave them behind until no one cares or notices any more whether they stay or go. The only solution to this for me is an alternative Independent Trust, run on truly democratic and transparent principles and with inclusion as its foundation stone. In fact, everything the current shambles isn't.

You being here, several here being on VB, almost all of us being on RM .... so much is ready for sharing and common purpose. All that's missing is to give a name to that purpose and turn our backs on Dingwall and his madness.

Guest carson1912
You're most welcome Mr Carson, Gersnet will only be a better place for your presence.

I highlighted one line from your post and you rightly hit the nail square on the head. All the debate in the world will achieve nothing so long as the megalomaniac at the heart of the clique decides he wants to stay... a bit like Murray, you can criticise till you're blue in the face and justify every sentence but it will count for squat while the problem wishes to remain in place. You can't force these people to go, all you can do is leave them behind until no one cares or notices any more whether they stay or go. The only solution to this for me is an alternative Independent Trust, run on truly democratic and transparent principles and with inclusion as its foundation stone. In fact, everything the current shambles isn't.

You being here, several here being on VB, almost all of us being on RM .... so much is ready for sharing and common purpose. All that's missing is to give a name to that purpose and turn our backs on Dingwall and his madness.

Good to here from you again mate, and I agree with your post as I often do.

I am no expert in supporters trusts but I have seen it posted elsewhere that only one can exist for each club.

If an alternative was possible then thats where my cash and support would go.

The current RST claim over 1300 member, many of them being life members.

I would reckon that an alternative would eclipse the current total within a week.

Some of the current board members of the Trust need to open their eyes and distance themselves from the bad apples or be tarred with the same brush.

Guest carson1912

Well Lads have a good weekend, I am off to get ready for a night out on the town. I bet Rangers today at half time 13/5 at half time.

5/2 last week, The bookies are giving money away these days

I don't think it's essential that an Independent Trust is endorsed by Supporters Direct. All it needs to do is embrace the principles of improving unity between supporters and acting in the best interests of all ... the operative word being acting as opposed to the verbal deceit that we've been served up so far.

I agree entirely that we could quickly have vastly more members than the RST will ever see.

I joined Gersnet because I often agree with Frankie's outlook on things and the dignity he posts it with. This is the sort of guy who should be leading the RST.

Apologies for singling out this part of your post but just before (if it hasn't already happened mind you) people associate this with anything, I've no interest in leading the RST or any other fan organisation. I'm no leader and I'm not capable of doing the work required for such a position.

I am though, as always, prepared to work with others though and I've said this all along. The attempts to suggest otherwise from overly paranoid people elsewhere are merely diversionary tactics to remove the focus of negative attention from themselves to others completely nothing to do with the performance of the Trust.

Like you say, perhaps if they stopped doing that and concentrated on actually improving their outreach work then their organisation wouldn't be failing before their and our eyes.

Welcome to Gersnet!

Originally Posted by carson1912

Apologies for singling out this part of your post but just before (if it hasn't already happened mind you) people associate this with anything, I've no interest in leading the RST or any other fan organisation. I'm no leader and I'm not capable of doing the work required for such a position.

I am though, as always, prepared to work with others though and I've said this all along. The attempts to suggest otherwise from overly paranoid people elsewhere are merely diversionary tactics to remove the focus of negative attention from themselves to others completely nothing to do with the performance of the Trust.

Like you say, perhaps if they stopped doing that and concentrated on actually improving their outreach work then their organisation wouldn't be failing before their and our eyes.

Welcome to Gersnet!

Yeah I'm a bit of a "Frankie Fan" too (of his online work as i have never met the guy) how about we get some t-shirts done up with the words "Frankie says" or "Frankie says relax" :whistle: