Jelavic ankle surgery

I'm pretty sure he would have cause that wee twat Loovern would have shat himself against Jelavic. Gutted. However Lafferty has looked great in the last few games, maybe just maybe the big man has turned the corner??

Hope that Laffs has, as he could turn out to be the Player that WS thought he bought, and the player I hoped he was.

Aah bollocks!!!

NIKICA JELAVIC will have ankle surgery in Croatia today and is OUT of the Old Firm derby.

The �£4.1million Rangers star suffered ligament damage in the 2-1 win over Hearts at the weekend.

Reports from the striker's homeland last night claimed he could face EIGHT WEEKS on the sidelines.

Gers have confirmed Jelavic will miss 'a number of matches' and it's a major blow for the SPL champs as they go head to head with Celtic for another title.

The former Rapid Vienna ace scored home and away against Hoops in last season's Europa League and was eager to make his derby bow on October 24.

But he now looks set to miss the trip to Parkhead plus several other key SPL games and the Co-op Cup quarter-final against Kilmarnock.

SunSport understands senior Gers sources are seething over the challenge that's put him out.

Jambos midfielder Ian Black was booked for taking down Jelavic in the second half on Saturday. The striker received lengthy treatment but broke down a few minutes later and was forced off.

The 25-year-old - who has hit four goals since his move to Ibrox at the end of August - reported a loss of sensation between his knee and ankle.

A Rangers spokesman said:

"Following a tackle in the game against Hearts, Nikica suffered ankle ligament damage which requires surgery.

"He will now miss a number of matches for the club."

2myaxozjpg.gif

Edited by Gazza_8

How that wasn't a red card I'll never know.

Here is Thomsons on the bastard Black. Looks who sent him off his bloody namesake and the ref on Saturday [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe7NNJK2n4s]YouTube - Hearts 1-2 Rangers[/ame]

Thomsons wasn't even a bad tackle. Yes it was late and he caught Black (not hard enough) but there was no malice in it. Blacks on Saturday on the other hand, he knew exactly what he was doing.

Extremely disappointing.

Remember how unplayable Cousin was at the Piggery? I reckon Jelavic would have given them similar problems, in fact I was confident of giving them a bit of doing with him in the side. From what I've heard about his injury so far - and we won't know a hell of a lot until after surgery - a positive outcome would be getting him back to face the bheasts in the second OF at Ibrox.

I know it's fashionable to practice restraint at times like this, but if McCulloch leaves Black on the Ibrox turf with his leg in two during the next Hearts game, I won't be shedding any tears. I've seen footage of the incident and it was a coward's challenge, he knew he couldn't get the ball.

Naismith (out for 18 months), Edu (6 months), Hartley on McCulloch and now Jelavic with buggered ligaments a few games into the season. The message is loud and clear to hammerthrowers of the SPL - you can injure Rangers players with impunity. I give it a month before Weiss is similarly clobbered, players like that get simply no protection from the referees in Scotland, and we wonder why the standard of football in this country continues to decline. The club has to realise that silence is no longer golden.

IAN BLACK has apologised for putting Rangers star Nikica Jelavic out of football until next year.

The Hearts star was shocked to learn his tackle caused so much damage and said: "I apologise for the fact that the tackle has put him out for a length of time.

"There was certainly no malice on my part - and NO intention to injure him.

"I knew he was getting away from me but he was just quicker than I expected when I tried to stop him.

"I accept it did look a bad tackle but that's because he was so quick.

"Unfortunately his speed meant I caught him more than I thought I would."

Jelavic, 25, had to be substituted and now faces at least three months out after he underwent an ankle operation yesterday.

It's a hammer blow for the SPL champions with the Croat in a rich vein of form.

A spokesman for the Croatia FA confirmed: "Niki underwent surgery under the supervision of Professor Boris Nemec, and begins the process of his recovery.

"A piece of torn cartilage was removed and he will be in cast for up to two weeks.

"The ankle should be at 50 per cent six weeks after surgery.

"We will continue to monitor his situation."

Senior Gers sources are seething over the tackle that has put Jelavic - who cost Gers �£4.1million in the summer - out.

Black did not get the chance to speak to Jelavic after the game.

He said: "I am disappointed for him. Hopefully he will be back sooner than expected."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3167134/Sorry.html#ixzz11YFKXHSG