Jelavic ankle surgery

Of course there was malice. He was well behind Jelavic and had no chance to win the ball. As such, his 'tackle' was late, pre-meditated, dangerous and worthy of a red card in my opinion. I hope Jelavic refuses this faux apology.

I remember seeing Black play a few times for Caley when I was up that way. He's one of those players who doesn't have the ability to channel his aggression positively a la Souness or even the fitness & ability to be a "terrier" type like McCall. He just went around kicking people up in the air and striding around the pitch as if he was the new Souness.

All he's done since then is carry on doing the same thing for Hearts, so this shouldn't really come as much of a surprise and its incredible to see how naive his comments have been. There's clearly not much going on up top in his case.

At least he's not out for a year or something. I was thinking whilst at Ibrox recently that some of these tackles could end one of our star players careers. Man City are brave sending Weiss to the SPL, I'm just waiting on his leg getting split in 2. The SPL is really getting worse, there is no attempt to play football. The modern game is more physical now, including the big leagues, but the SPL needs clamped down.

Jelavic is a big lad that likes to run with the ball and he'll likely be picking up many more nasty challenges. Sadly the Scottish mentality praises the get the man if not the ball attitude, which in foreign cultures would be laughed at.

Sadly the Scottish mentality praises the get the man if not the ball attitude, which in foreign cultures would be laughed at.

I'm not sure that's quite true. Taking man and ball is maybe more praised here than abroad, but then there should be nothing wrong with that. As a generalisation though I don't believe those in Scottish football praise taking the man if not the ball. An easy cliche or throw away line but I don't agree.

I can see ICT coming out that black is injured when they come round to visiting ibrox, even ear plugs aint going to save him ya fuckin animal!!!

Nice.... not sure what ICT will have to do with it given Black plays for Hearts though :D:flipa:

I'm not sure that's quite true. Taking man and ball is maybe more praised here than abroad, but then there should be nothing wrong with that. As a generalisation though I don't believe those in Scottish football praise taking the man if not the ball. An easy cliche or throw away line but I don't agree.

I agree with you to a certain extent if you take puyol at the fascist Barcelona or the wonderfully gifted Sergio Ramos

at Real Madrid they both take the ball and man but you know 9 times out of 10 the opponent gets up [after a few? tumbles].

In scotland it seems to be different as there seems to be an mindset that if he's my man and I cannae beat him don't use team mates or tactics make sure he disnae last the match.

It's the difference in quality I suppose.