Jelavic ankle surgery

I see what you're saying but there's far more dangerous tackles happening up and down the country which are rightly given yellow cards. If it was the other way about and Jelavic was sent off for a tackle on Black we'd be up in arms about it.

And don't deny it. ;)

You may be right, but tbh I think that challenge could have very easily been a bone-breaker and given that it was a deliberate foul with no intent to play the ball, that makes it the type of challenge in my eyes that should be stamped out. I'm all for tough challenges if the ball is played or at least attempted to be played, but that clearly wasn't in that catagory. It was an assault. We've had players sent off in massive matches even in Europe for less dangerous incidents where nobody was likely to be seriously injured. You see red cards in football around Europe for far less dangerous incidents than that week-in-week-out.

Ouch! I've always wanted a motorbike but after my workmate took me out a wee run on his bike my mind was changed. Sitting at 80mph with only your clothes and a helmet to protect you is mental!

As she never had a full license Cal, she wouldn't have had insurance for the vehicle which is an absolute bummer for you and your bike. Was she the sole occupant of the vehicle?

She had no L-plates or "supervising driver" but she was insured as a second driver as a provisional licence holder; her insurance company are therefore obliged to pay out for third party claims. The police have decided it's 100% her fault (and will be prosecuting) so I should be ok for my claim (and hopefully a shed-load of compensation for my injuries).

Black should just have pulled Jelavic's shirt, if he wanted to stop him. Not dive into a tackle with no chance of getting the ball, it was an easy red imo.

Or maybe he should have stuck to the rules and spirit of the game...

She had no L-plates or "supervising driver" but she was insured as a second driver as a provisional licence holder; her insurance company are therefore obliged to pay out for third party claims. The police have decided it's 100% her fault (and will be prosecuting) so I should be ok for my claim (and hopefully a shed-load of compensation for my injuries).

Don't you mean "my injuries". ;)

I agree with Gav. If that were a Rangers player that brought down a Jambo and he got a red we would be screaming blue murder about it.

Definite yellow, definitely not a red. It was cynical enough, but still very innocuous.

Black should just have pulled Jelavic's shirt, if he wanted to stop him. Not dive into a tackle with no chance of getting the ball, it was an easy red imo.

But remember Jelavic was "too fast" for Black - Black couldnt get near enough to him to grab his shirt.

I thought a reckless tackle from behind has been a sending off offence for a long time. The reason it was brought in was to help prevent the serious injuries that these tackles often cause - even when they look innocuous. In this case that reasoning, now seemingly ignored, seems pretty sound.

I think many people are forgetting that rule change brought in for a previous World Cup.

Ian Black, the Heart of Midlothian midfielder, last night admitted he plans to get in contact with Nikica Jelavic to apologise for the foul that has left the Rangers striker facing three months on the sidelines.

The former Inverness Caledonian Thistle playmaker was booked by Craig Thomson, the match referee, for catching the Croatian internationalist with a cynical trip as Jelavic drove towards the penalty area during Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to the reigning SPL champions at Tynecastle.

Prior to undergoing an operation to mend damaged ankle ligaments in Zagreb on Tuesday, the �£4m forward hit out at Black, claiming he should have been red-carded for deliberately trying to hurt him.

However, Black has denied that he set out to harm the former Rapid Vienna player and has vowed to make contact with Jelavic to say sorry.

He said: “I have read that he has had an operation and how long he is going to be out and that’s a real blow for him.

“I didn’t get the chance to see him after the game but I’ll try to get in touch with him when he gets back and wish him all the best.

“You never want to see a fellow professional getting injured and I can only apologise to him.

“There was no malice or intent to injure him on my part – I was just doing my best to win the challenge. But he is a fast player – much quicker than I realised – and that is the reason I caught him.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/black-wants-to-apologise-to-jelavic-for-tynecastle-tackle-1.1059813