Recent article about irresponsible journalism

Something from the Union Bears. Hope the writing style doesn't offend the more precious amongst us but hopefully most will just be interested to see what other groups are thinking......

End the "Dignified" Silence NOW, Rangers

Sunday, 10 October 2010

Rangers fans defending the club has been a familiar sight over the years. The RFC hierarchies tried and tested method of approaching attacks on our club with a " dignified silence" do not appear to be coming to an end any time soon, despite the frequency of said attacks progressing at an alarming rate.

So yet again, it is left to the fans of the club to fight another battle. While we find this lamentable, it is in no way surprising.*

The very people employed (and paid handsomely) to defend us, the support, and the club itself appear to be either content to have our name dragged through the mud, blatantly oblivious to the continuous negative and spiteful publicity we receive, or quite simply do not care enough to grow a set of balls and publicly announce that "Enough is enoughââ?¬Å?.

Here are some examples of the "Dignified silence" approach and where it has got us over the years - We will let you, the reader decide if it has been successful or not.

"There's probably been more of a closeting of Rangers fans over the years, which is why I think the current generation of them are engaged in a campaign to fight back, as it were. The fans that find a modern way of fighting back have got a lot of right on their side if they feel discriminated against. ââ?¬Å?

This was serial Rangers hater Stuart Cosgrove who came out with this little quote, who perhaps had a moment of clarity in-between his usual routine of soiling our clubs name and generally using his position to spread the poisonous BBC agenda. It has to be made clear that this man appeals to the lowest common denominator when it comes to his anti-Rangers beliefs and yet he still came out and confirmed what we suspected for years.

We must ask ourselves, why does the mhedia get free reign to print anything they like about our club, its traditions and the fans? They do this because they know they can, without fear of retribution from anyone at Rangers. The club and the people who run it have adopted this ââ?¬Å?dignified silenceââ?¬Å? approach which has seen our reputation been battered from pillar to post over the years, none more so than the fans.

"Paul Le Guen, formerly of Rangers but not considered "Rangers' minded" by the more confused denizens of Ibrox could take over at the significantly greener Hibernian."

The words printed by The Guardian this weekend, even more so cowardly that they didn�t provide the author who wrote such fabricated nonsense. Paul Le Guens failure at Ibrox can be attributed to nothing more than dressing room issues and naivety over the Scottish game; it was*never*about his religion. Le Guen sums up his feelings for the Rangers support below;*

ââ?¬Å?The Rangers supporters were brilliant to me. In terms of the support and welcome I received in Glasgow, there can be no excuses. Ibrox is a special place, there is nothing like it. But I made mistakes.ââ?¬Â

Does that sound like the words of a man who felt he was discriminated against?*No, we never thought so either...

On Saturday, it was announced Allan McGregor would be banned for 1 match following his ââ?¬Å?kick outââ?¬Å? at Aberdeen player Chris Maguire, or to be more precise, at thin air.*Despite even the Aberdeen manager describing it as a nothing incident, the SFA decided to review it by using video evidence after it was "Brought to their attention". We wonder who could have been responsible for that. Liewell and his cronies? The mhedia? Both? Those of us fond of a bet may lump our mortgage on the latter.*

It also has to be said that the ban comes at a rather inconvenient time for Rangers. One could be mistaken for believing it is almost manufactured in order for it to be*in the clubs best interest not to appeal it, with the potential outcome of McGregor missing the first Glasgow derby of the year.*

It appears to be too much to ask that we have some consistency from the SFA. While we do not wholeheartedly condone McGregors actions, it was far from the only challenge of late worthy of a ban. We have to wonder why the SFA aren�t using video evidence after Derek Young stamped on Lee McCulloch, or perhaps Zander Diamond raising his hands to Vladimir Weiss. What about Ian Blacks tackle the following week against Jelavic, a tackle which shortened his season by 3 months. Not to mention an awful challenge by Ross Tokely on Megginson or Anthony Stokes horrendous tackle on Jamie Hammel. None of this were deemed worthy of further examination,**a few because of the ridiculous rule in place that if a player is dealt with at the time no further action can be taken.*

One must ask if it is time to play our enemies at their own game and report every single dubious challenge committed in games involving all teams from now until the end of the season. This perhaps means sinking to the level of lesser, classless teams like The bheasts, but what is the alternative? Continue with the stiff upper lip and persevere with whatever decisions are flung at us from here on? We think not.

This, however, brings us back to the way our club is run and its decision to remain silent on such issues and attacks. What is stopping the club from highlighting the other tackles? What is stopping the club from asking The Guardian to substantiate the lies they printed about Paul Le Guen?**Whilst I undoubtedly hate **** FC; their PR machine would have went into overdrive if such claims had been made against them.**

We need someone at our club who is willing to put their neck on the line and show some testicular fortitude. Someone that would stand up this week and announce all Rangers players are to be withdrawn from all future Scotland fixtures and will continue to be withdrawn until there is parity.*

Sadly, we do not hold our breath.

So here we are again, defending the club ourselves! We end with these words in the hope that someone at Rangers may stumble across this;*there is nothing dignified about the way you are running our club. The silence is deafening - end it NOW and fight back against our enemies.*

No Surrender

Union Bears

Bar the odd poster, the feeling is mutual across any forum I have logged onto.

perhaps, I say this more in hope than expectancy, that Walter or the club will use the platform of the OF game to voice our grievances. Slating anything red, white and blue is fashionable right now and the club needs to stand up face their detractors.

Bar the odd poster, the feeling is mutual across any forum I have logged onto.

perhaps, I say this more in hope than expectancy, that Walter or the club will use the platform of the OF game to voice our grievances. Slating anything red, white and blue is fashionable right now and the club needs to stand up face their detractors.

If it wasn't for the pathetic obstacle presented by our existing 'official' representative organizations and the jealousies stoking FF, you could almost become quite enthused by the unity that's starting to bridge gaps between most other fan groups. I sense more common purpose than for a long time, if only we could get to the stage where this emerging unity of voice is converted into unity of organisation, to the extent that the club could be 'persuaded' to listen to what us. I've lost every shred of confidence that the current club leadership (whoever that is) will ever AKE on it's detractors.

Hi Craig,

What a pair eh? Here's me agreeing with you and you agreeing with me and the two of us still don't know if we've agreed with each other :devil:

Anyway, listen up ..... I AGREE WITH YOU!!!! and to prove it I've gone back and made sure I "thanked" you too. :cheers:

So we are all settled... we agree to agree... or is that disagree to disagree ?? I am easily confused. What a pair indeed my man :D

Back on topic.... I have to say that is the first time I have seen the term "Rangers minded" and I immediately thought "this has to be an anti-Rangers article".....

Guest carson1912
If it wasn't for the pathetic obstacle presented by our existing 'official' representative organizations and the jealousies stoking FF, you could almost become quite enthused by the unity that's starting to bridge gaps between most other fan groups. I sense more common purpose than for a long time, if only we could get to the stage where this emerging unity of voice is converted into unity of organisation, to the extent that the club could be 'persuaded' to listen to what us. I've lost every shred of confidence that the current club leadership (whoever that is) will ever AKE on it's detractors.

In an ideal world ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the Celtic minded chattering supporter classes coined the phrase "Celtic minded" as an euphemism for anyone apply for an position with higher echelons of their club, it meant having Catholic, Scottish, Irish heritage. Anyone not having the aforementioned attributes had\have an small chance of making an successful career within their "Celtic family" However their propaganda department have simultaneously been trying to turn the same phrase, but with the name change to "Rangers Minded" to mean sectarian and bigoted. With an compliant Mhedia more than willing to toe the propaganda line on this, only in Scotland could you have the same phrase but with the name change to mean two completely opposite ideas.