Recent article about irresponsible journalism

Maybe it's just me but I found this not very well written and tedious to read... I don't think it's going to do more than preach to the converted.

I don't believe the author intended it to be entered in a writing competition. I think he is trying to draw the attention of the average fan to the orchestrated campaign against fans and club. I don't know the guy who wrote this but I believe he's genuinely concerned about the message and has liitle interest in impressing anyone with his literary abilities.

I also think these posts are invaluable in helping to break down the inertia of a supporter base that isn't exactly well known for the agility of its opinions ... which is why I offered to share it. Some write, some read, some snipe.

By way of clarification ... I saw the VB articles that attracted a flood of complaints from the MOPES and I would describe them more accurately as critical rather than offensive. I think we all know that where sellick and their catholic/oirish sponsors are concerned, offensiveness is to be defined exclusively by them alone.

They complained so vociferously about VB simply because VB was so effective at projecting the truth into their nest of lies.

So you are telling us that VB got banned from Newsnow for telling the truth, and the truth alone? If there were no inaccuracies or legally offensive language how can they possibly get banned, even by MOPE's? Is Newsnow not an independant and respected news site? (I genuinely dont know as I dont go on newsnow or VB)

So you are telling us that VB got banned from Newsnow for telling the truth, and the truth alone? If there were no inaccuracies or legally offensive language how can they possibly get banned, even by MOPE's? Is Newsnow not an independant and respected news site? (I genuinely dont know as I dont go on newsnow or VB)

You're way off the mark with that post mate. I'm not telling you anything about VB or why they got banned by Newsnow. I've no idea whether VB told the truth or the truth alone and I've made no attempt to tell it either way.

I don't speak for VB or any other group - if you're genuine about wanting to know the background to this then why not go on the VB website and ask those who might be able to help you. If you're aware of any inaccuracies or legally offensive language (whatever that is) then why not help everyone by saying so instead of just inferring it.:)

You've missed my point totally MF.

I genuinely haven't a clue (I did say that at the end) but find it hard to believe that they got banned from an independant news organisation for accurate articles, no matter how much Timmy didnt like it.

So therefore I am guessing that there must have been either unsubstantiated comments passed off as facts, or language used that could be sectarian or offensive enough for Newsnow to uphold complaints from MOPE's.

I was wondering if you knew which way it fell and as you post on VB, I thought you would know.

BTW, my bit on legally offensive language is trying to just say offensive, but they chunts find everything offensive, so in order for a complaint to be upheld, I was assuming it would have to be clearly defined as offensive, legally. (Not sure this is any better as an explanation but hope you can get the jist of what I am trying to say)

I don't believe the author intended it to be entered in a writing competition. I think he is trying to draw the attention of the average fan to the orchestrated campaign against fans and club. I don't know the guy who wrote this but I believe he's genuinely concerned about the message and has liitle interest in impressing anyone with his literary abilities.

I also think these posts are invaluable in helping to break down the inertia of a supporter base that isn't exactly well known for the agility of its opinions ... which is why I offered to share it. Some write, some read, some snipe.

I'm not expecting literary masterpieces, but have to wonder what the actual intention is, and whether the article comes anywhere near achieving that goal.

I personally am well aware of and concerned about the one sided propaganda war against Rangers and its supporters and so it should be easy to get my head nodding and warm approval in such a piece; however, the writing style does little to engage the reader and whatever message is being given comes across to me as a aimless, meandering, garbled mess. I truly struggled to summon the will to get to the end of the post and found it extremely difficult to assimilate any increased understanding or even summation of the situation.

Now this is completely my personal viewpoint and you can take it any way you want, but from where I'm standing, I can't see how this article will add to the debate or do anything to convince any apathetic, sceptical or doubting parties. I just feel that whatever the point, it could have been driven home using far more clarity and without coming across so much as an angry extremist trying to incite some kind of uprising.

To me, the majority of the target audience are probably already on the site from which it came.

Edited by calscot

I could barely get past the first sentence to be honest. As soon as I saw PLG and "Rangers minded" in the same sentence I knew that it was going to look like Gers fans wanted rid of PLG due to him not being protestant rather than his miserable run of results as manager. That was as much as I needed to read.

I dont know of ANY Rangers fan who did not want us to appoint PLG. When his appointment was announced I thought that Rangers fans, across the board, approved whole-heartedly with it. His sacking/resignation is a completely different issue and had very, very little (if anything) to do with PLG's religion (which from reading the first sentence of that article, seemed to me what it was referring to).

I could barely get past the first sentence to be honest. As soon as I saw PLG and "Rangers minded" in the same sentence I knew that it was going to look like Gers fans wanted rid of PLG due to him not being protestant rather than his miserable run of results as manager. That was as much as I needed to read.

I dont know of ANY Rangers fan who did not want us to appoint PLG. When his appointment was announced I thought that Rangers fans, across the board, approved whole-heartedly with it. His sacking/resignation is a completely different issue and had very, very little (if anything) to do with PLG's religion (which from reading the first sentence of that article, seemed to me what it was referring to).

Aye, what I was too lazy to type.

"Rangers minded" is some false and insidious revisionary shit, perhaps the clearest example of conscious bad motives in the press I've ever seen. "Celtic minded" is codeword for "similarly bigotted Tim"; there's no analogy at Rangers. We have our share of bigots, but they're not so sneaky as to try give it any bullshit veneer.

Edited by bmck