McGregor, the BBC, SFA and the wider implications�

"En route to the UEFA Cup Final with Rangers some of his saves were absolutely tremendous. He's carried that on since then.

"He's had his problems off the park, but he's learned from them.

"He's now Scotland No1 and while big Craig is a top keeper too, it's roles reversed for the two of them now.

"When you look at the likes of Arsenal needing a keeper it's unbelievable no one has come in for him.

Couldnt agree more with naismith on this. He was Goram-esk at that time. Now he is found a great run of consistancy which shows his quality.

Looking down the list of Premier League keepers McGregor would be up there around the top 6. As good as Arsenal are McGregor v Almunia is like Rooney v Kenny Deuchar.

Easily worth 12 million IMO.

Couldnt agree more with naismith on this. He was Goram-esk at that time. Now he is found a great run of consistancy which shows his quality.

Looking down the list of Premier League keepers McGregor would be up there around the top 6. As good as Arsenal are McGregor v Almunia is like Rooney v Kenny Deuchar.

Easily worth 12 million IMO.

We won't get that for a keeper. Gordon got 9mill but that was before the financial crisis kicked in. I would think 7mill will be nearer the mark.

We won't get that for a keeper. Gordon got 9mill but that was before the financial crisis kicked in. I would think 7mill will be nearer the mark.

Pete,I think you might be correct,however how come Shagger is the cheaper option of the other goalies mentioned?:)

Pete,I think you might be correct,however how come Shagger is the cheaper option of the other goalies mentioned?:)

Different difficult times, Mickey Mouse league, Club in financial need,club not famous for negotiating good deals.

Need i go on?:)

Quote from Beattie :

"He was taken out most cynically by one of the Hearts players and he's undergone an operation. I've spoken to him and he sounds upbeat but obviously disappointed."

Anyone else pleased about the fact that we have two new recruits here who are fighting for the same spot in the team yet seem to have bonded so quickly that they are in contact with each other to find out how Jelavic's operation went ?

I guess my point is that it seems that even the new recruits are buying into the team spirit, which has been a positive element of this squad over the last couple of years.

Much as I hate to see any of our good players being sold, I could understand him going if a good offer is received. We have a good replacement and the cash may help us to fund purchases for more needy positions.