I'm now beginning to slowly go off this guy now. I used to think he was OK but some of his remarks are uncalled for. Don't get me wrong, some of his comments are spot on but they're often overshadowed by his below the belt ones.

Regular readers will know that I endure suicidal journeys and schedules in order to watch Middlesbrough and Rangers whilst earning a crust on the After Dinner circuit.

Many months ago my mate Scott MacMillan asked me if I would do him a favour and host an event in Glasgow. I was happy to assist as the proceeds were going to the Moni Malawi appeal and also to help Rangers' Youth teams. That was the easy part, having a night off from speaking and also getting up in time to watch Rangers play Aberdeen.

I was hoping I would get a speaking event either in Scotland or in the north of England on the Friday night. No such luck - a gig was offered at a hotel next to Heathrow airport. Magic, a 400 mile journey on Saturday morning.

In midweek, for once in my life commonsense crept in. I half decided that a leisurely drive during the day which would mean missing the game was probably the sensible option. Then the magnificent supporters of Glasgow Rangers stepped in.

News broke on Thursday of the poppy banner display that was planned for the game. After the week of shame that has reverberated around the country after the disgraceful banners were shown at another club's ground last Saturday, it was a chance to be involved in something that would more than redress the balance. So alarm set for 6.45am.

I am currently speaking at loads of gigs in Scotland which is great because I am working amongst like minded people and it means that I am already up there so can see Rangers on and around the dates I speak.

The gig at Heathrow was not the most enjoyable. Southerners don�t have the same zest for life that Rangers fans do. I was told afterwards that they must have enjoyed me because it was the first time they had sat quietly through a speech. Well if that�s a compliment, I�ve had better. Give me a Rangers do any day.

After myself there were two 'dancing' girls, so maybe the crowd would come to life then. Normally I would watch purely out of politeness, but these two Cockney slappers did not start off that well. Our lass moves a darn site better than they did and I believe I have bigger tits than the first one.

So the lesbian act, or whatever it was given a miss. Ibrox was distinctly more on my radar and a couple of hours extra kip might help me get there.

I was on the road just after 7.00am and it started badly then got worse. Despite having my sat-nav on, I took a wrong turn and fannied about on some side roads before hitting the motorway. I thought I would hit the Wee Rangers club by about half one. Then a fucking crash on the M6. Why is it when an accident happens the whole motorway grinds to a halt?

Two miles in 45 minutes, shit, got going again, then another hold up. Get the foot down and maybe I would get there for 2.00pm. I had a brief stop for fuel and then I couldn�t get the fuel tank flap to close. If I had a brain I would have known it was because I had locked the car.

Tiredness and frustration took the better of me and letâ��s just say in my anger and frustration to close it I yanked the whole fucking thing off! �£50 bill, I later found out, to repair it!.

Never mind - off again and flew up to Glasgow then at the turn off for the Shame�s ground the sign said 35 minutes to Charing Cross. What it�s only a couple of miles! The motorway was grid locked and I crawled along and finally pulled into the WRC car park at 2.45pm.

To be quite honest I had given up on even getting there for that time. Meine host Craig had been forwarned and I double parked behind his car. I had enjoyed tons of conversations en-route with my ticket provider Scott and I arranged to meet him outside the club shop. I rushed round and he wasn�t there! His fucking mobile was going to answerphone.

I don�t believe this - I have driven, half knackered, for 400 miles and still I wasn�t going to see the poppy display. Then he appeared around the corner at 2.56pm. In through the turnstiles and at last a happy ending.

Well no actually, as I got into the concourse, everyone was stood in silence, I could have rushed past them into the seats, but no, let�s show the same respect that over 40,000 people were doing. The minute's silence observed, then into the seats where everyone had lowered their cards. I have subsequently seen photos of the display which are brilliant. Never mind - hopefully there will be another opportunity in the future.

The game was not a classic. Aberdeen were cautious as you would expect after their recent results, Rangers lacked width and the possibility of a stalemate threatened. Finally a quality ball from out wide from Weiss, a great header from Kenny Miller and we were on the way. A second followed not long after when Weiss fired home. Game over. ââ?¬Å?We want tenââ?¬Â roared the Bears.

Now don�t get me wrong - I should be eternally grateful to Scott and the Leven boys for getting me match tickets but the one I had was catching the autumnal sun that was shining over the main stand. I had left my Rangers cap (decided not to wear the orange Valencia one after the stick I got at St Mirren) in the car. You know what - when I suggested to Scott that he went back to the WRC and get it for me, he declined. Friends eh!

The conspiracy continued when we were awarded a penalty, a soft one I thought, but no one agreed with me. Kenny had his shot saved by the keeper who was probably a couple of yards off his line. It didn�t matter - the game was over.

The second half passed without great incident but I did get chance to see something regarding my favourite pet hate. Why the fucking hell do the stewards need to walk up and down the gangways every five minutes, looking at the spectators as if we are about to commit a crime?

Number 703 caught me trying to take a picture of him and he did not look too amused, I suggested that he had got in the way of me taking a photo. For a minute it looked as I might be thrown out for this heinous crime. WANKERS!!!

The last time I saw a ground empty so quickly was when Chesney�s Boro were getting stuffed and the fans could tolerate no more. At Ibrox with the game won, the traffic dodgers streamed out in their thousands to miss being held up. Held up? I will tell you about being held up. Stay to the end to applaud the victory! It was amusing to see captain Hartley wearing an orange captain�s armband!

Now let�s get to the best bit, half time. I may have missed the poppy display but the ovation given to the Navy lads and lasses was immense. We loved it and they loved it, better than the game actually.

When ever people ask me about supporting Rangers, occasions like this spring to mind. The sense of pride that fills you is indescribable. The seven hours in the car and the burst petrol cap all faded into insignificance. We are the People.

The evening event was brilliant too. Duncan McKenzie and my favourite comedian Gary Marshall went down very well. My old Boro mate Alan Kernaghan had brought along a few Rangers Youth players and they could not have been anything but impressed by the comments of Derek Ferguson and Tam Forsyth whom I interviewed on stage.

I met Tom Clark, one of the leading fundraisers for the Erskine Appeal and he thanked me for wearing my badge on TV. I know a lot of comments have been posted on the message boards regarding that. I appreciate the comments but I am doing, and will continue to do, what I feel is right.

I am not after popularity, in fact as a referee it is something that I am not used to. I will continue to speak my mind and sooner or later many of you might not agree with me. In speaking to Tom, though I did decide to try and help in a small way, so any books I sell leading up to Christmas will enable me to make donations from the profits to Erskine.

A very long day turned into a very long night, so much so that I wasn�t fit to drive early on Sunday. I had wanted to go across to Buckhaven to enjoy the Remembrance Day parade. That, like the Poppy display, will have to wait for another year.

I won't be back up until the Manchester United game due to work commitments that thankfully do not necessitate being stuck in the car all day, but that will be another special night. We will have to be a lot better than of late but United are not firing on all cylinders either. I bet the traffic dodgers won�t be leaving early from that one.

Enjoy your week.

Which remarks were uncalled for ? :confused:

The comment regarding Edu after the Valencia game in Spain. Also, if you goto his website and read the blog you'll find a photo he's taken from his seat in The Govan Stand of a steward working the stairs. He has a go at him calling him a 'jobworth fool' or something along those lines. Absolutely no need for it as the poor guy is only doing his job.

If only we could all be perfect like Winter. :colbert:

Thought you were referencing the article above. Sorry.

What did he say about Edu ?

Nah, his comments in recent weeks.

Here's his comment about Edu.

It was interesting to see Edu back home having not taken up the offer of a full time role as a Lucky/Lucky man in Valencia.

Maybe it was an off the cuff remark that doesn't really work when put on paper. I doubt it though!

Can't say I have a problem with anything Jeff Winter says. Tbh, with 95% of the media lying through their teeth to contrive any opportunity to belittle Rangers, the fact that a few people like Jeff and Leggat speak up for us is way more important than the odd questionable comment, however rare they may be.

Keep it up Jeff, most bears have no problem seeing the worth of what you write and say.

Jeff Winter sure doesn't hold back on speaking his mind or the language he uses to do it! ... I think I prefer David Leggat's choices of subject matter & writing style to be honest.

Fair play to Jeff Winter though - he calls a spade a spade!