Breaking News: Rangers to be sold before Xmas

Did we get that far with Ellis. I seem to recall Johnson publicly castigating the whole deal saying he never spoke directly to Ellis.

He never - MIH did. Same seems to be the case here...

Apparently Rangers have/had a committee in place to oversee any bids but they seem to be consulted after the fact as opposed to during negotiations. Anyone's guess whether or not their opinion counts given SDM owns 91.8% of the club.

The commitee will have no say in whether MIH sell their shares. They will be in a position to recommend to other shareholders whether the buy-out is good for the club or not. However, given that some of them may depend on the new owners for their future income, can they be relied on to give an objective opinion?

The commitee will have no say in whether MIH sell their shares. They will be in a position to recommend to other shareholders whether the buy-out is good for the club or not. However, given that some of them may depend on the new owners for their future income, can they be relied on to give an objective opinion?

Indeed it is difficult to judge anyone's intentions which is exactly why our support should be involved in the decision-making process.

Guest BRIANMC1
Will Johnston be happy about it going above his head? Isn't he meant to be looking for a buyer himself?

He doesn't seem to have done very well with that thus far has he?

He has said on many occasions he just wants the right buyer for Rangers, if it is this guy I'm sure he'll be satisfied with that.

He doesn't seem to have done very well with that thus far has he?

He has said on many occasions he just wants the right buyer for Rangers, if it is this guy I'm sure he'll be satisfied with that.

At the end of the day we all know SDM will have his opinion and it doesn't matter who puts forward their own recommendation, he will make the decision.

We'll just have to like it or lump it.

Guest BRIANMC1
At the end of the day we all know SDM will have his opinion and it doesn't matter who puts forward their own recommendation, he will make the decision.

We'll just have to like it or lump it.

This is obviously something that has been worked on for a long time, if Ellis is still involved and I am very keen to hear of the plans.

Why is Ellis so keen to get involved with Rangers? There must be something.

If a fan with disposable income and Rangers at Heart wants to come to the table then so be it.

Ellis will be coming from the property side of the deal.

You only need to walk past the ground to see the area is still ripe for development - although it is open to debate as to what would work in the huge space available.

I can't judge him or Whyte as, no matter their business or football background, I don't what their plans are.

From what I was told at lunch time it is no more than a bag of spanners wrapped up in a kite. Ellis is not involved, Mr Traynor got the wrong Liberty company the SA one, of which Martin Ellis is construction director, put two and two together and got �£33 mill. Also was said that neither AJ nor Bain or the inclusive board had any knowledge of any "talks".