Is there another message AJ's getting at here? Does he think that the takeover won't happen and is carrying on as normal without giving thought to Craig Whyte?

I think AJ HAS to carry on as if the takeover won't go through in case it doesn't. If it does go through then right now he can't predict what the new business plan will be or even if he'll still be in a job - so there is nothing he can do up front for that scenario.

At minimum, it's best not to count your chickens.

I dont agree the chances we will play CL football are slim over the next few years. Reduced if we have to qualify through the champions route but not slim.

We are 50:50 for the league, for this season in fact we're maybe 55:45. We will be seeded favourites for the league winners route.

From the following season there is every chance Scotland could regain it's automatic spot. Having said that I agree with Cal's other points.

Just a quick thought , if Whyte agrees the deal at today's debt ,and we agree for arguements sake that it is around �£27 million , and we then produce financial figures the same as last year for arguements sake who gets the profit , or put another way if it transpires that the debt is reduced to say �£22 million next summer where does the profit go .......

Just a quick thought , if Whyte agrees the deal at today's debt ,and we agree for arguements sake that it is around �£27 million , and we then produce financial figures the same as last year for arguements sake who gets the profit , or put another way if it transpires that the debt is reduced to say �£22 million next summer where does the profit go .......

Stays in the club in the same way that it's always done. ;)

So in essence we could have a �£10 million transfer pot next year , if we make a �£5 million profit . Also not wanting to count my chickens but even with one Europa game we must be heading for a very decent profit this year .

So in essence we could have a �£10 million transfer pot next year , if we make a �£5 million profit . Also not wanting to count my chickens but even with one Europa game we must be heading for a very decent profit this year .

Not necessarily. Probably only �£5m.

surely we must be above that Bluedell , the crowds were well up for the c/l games , we have doubled our prize money total from last year to �£1.6 million ,one more round in the Europa league is worth nearly �£2million from tv and gate reciepts .

If after making alll that money we are still only posting small profits , it just shows how deep are problems lie , nearly �£20 million from Europe and only a �£5million profit , god help Whyte if he takes us on