Trouble in Turkey on Sunday - 3 stabbed !!!

Pretty serious! The old batons and tear gas were on hand!

World Football - Three stabbed before match in Turkey

Sun, 05 Dec 15:40:00 2010

Three Turkish football fans were in hospital with knife injuries after clashes ahead of a premier league match between Besiktas and defending champions Bursaspor in Istanbul.

At least one other person was being treated in hospital for his injuries, the state-run Anatolian news agency reported.

Thousands of Besiktas fans threw rocks and bottles to break through a police cordon and attack some 1,200 Bursaspor supporters, CNN Turk said.

The channel showed footage of police using batons and tear gas to break up the skirmishes outside Besiktas's Inonu Stadium.

Bursaspor fans blame Besiktas for their side's relegation to the second division in 2003 after the Istanbul club played badly against another team facing possible relegation.

Since then, encounters between the fans have often led to violence.

Sunday's game ended in a 1-0 win for 13-times champions Besiktas.

Reuters

Lets not jump to wrong conclusions before they happen but I do agree Turkey is one of the most frightening places to go to. Holland is full of Turks and I must admit they are not very friendly people. They are more paranoid about their country than the tims are about refs.

Lets not jump to wrong conclusions before they happen but I do agree Turkey is one of the most frightening places to go to. Holland is full of Turks and I must admit they are not very friendly people. They are more paranoid about their country than the tims are about refs.

How's that even possible?

:devil:

This was actually our fault. I have it on good authority that a group of Rangers casuals went over there early due to our game being cancelled, got dressed up in green and white and started causing all sorts of trouble.

I am fully expecting this story to be the lead news item on BBC Reporting Scotland tonight, as one of the fans arrested was once in Glasgow, and has also visited Manchester in the past. Therefore it is possible to link him to the Manchester "riots" of 2008 and a pure 100% Rangers fan.