Europa League - possible opponents

The 4 best 3rd placed teams will be seeded for the Europa League draw, as it stands we will not be seeded:

Braga ..............9 pts (-4) (Shakhtar, A)

Basle ...............6 pts (0) (Bayern Munich, A)

Rubin Kazan ......6 pts (-2)

FC Twente....... 6 pts (-2)

-------

Rangers ...........6 pts (-3)

Spartak Moscow 6 pts (-4) (MSK Zilnia, A)

Benfica ............6 pts (-5)

Ajax.................4 pts (-6) (AC Milan, A)

(teams in bold still to play)

In order to be seeded in that 4th position, we need Basle to lose by 3 in Munich, Spartak Moscow to lose in Zilina and Ajax/Auxerre to both avoid a win.

------------

Assuming we are unseeded in the draw, our potential opponents would be:

Definitely:

Bayer Leverkusen

Sporting Lisbon

CSKA Moscow

Zenit St Petersburg

Stuttgart

Liverpool

Porto

Likely:

Man City

Villarreal

Dynamo Kiev

PSV Eindhoven

PSG/Sevilla

Braga

Twente

Rubin Kazan

Basle

Robbed off a quick thinking FF'er.

In other words, we don't have a hope in hell.

I almost hope we draw a really good team, so we're not embarrassed by a less so one. A quick painless exit as opposed to an embarrassing defeat.

The Europa League at the end of the day carries no significance unless we have a run, so lets concentrate on winning another title.

Edited by Totti

Dont see many that are better than Man Utd or Valencia , we have not been humiliated at any point this campaign so why worry , I have watched quite alot of the Europa league this year and by and large it has been awful

Dont see many that are better than Man Utd or Valencia , we have not been humiliated at any point this campaign so why worry , I have watched quite alot of the Europa league this year and by and large it has been awful

Agreed mate. I'll bet you the other teams don't fancy playing us:boogie:

You miss out Bursaspor.

Whilst most of these seeded Europa sides are shit compared to the CL teams, they have the players to easily take care of us. Not to mention some coaches capable of doing a Kaunas/Gothenburg/Unirea or Uncle Wattie

In other words, we don't have a hope in hell.

I almost hope we draw a really good team, so we're not embarrassed by a less so one. A quick painless exit as opposed to an embarrassing defeat.

The Europa League at the end of the day carries no significance unless we have a run, so lets concentrate on winning another title.

That'a the spirit, no surrender. Comon man, why so negative? The only teams i'd be looking to avoid would be CSKA Moscow (who are looking pretty good) and Sevilla/PSG both of course good sides. Over 2 legs i'd fancy our chances against every other side.