No bids for Bougherra

Little wonder when his form has been so patchy this season...

I do sympathise a little given the number of games he plays (both club and internationally) so it's not a surprise to see him a little jaded from game to game but I've been a bit disappointed with his contribution this season.

MADJID BOUGHERRA has been hailed as Algerian Footballer of the Year for the second successive season.

The Rangers defender jetted home to receive the Golden Ball from Real Madrid legend Emilio Butragueno in Alger on Monday.

Bougy scooped top prize for his displays with both Rangers and Algeria.

He twice shut out Wayne Rooney for both club and country to further enhance his growing status in European football.

He said: "I am very happy and proud, especially as there were other players who were just as strong and just as entitled to the trophy.

"Despite fierce competition I've managed to equal the record by winning my second Golden Ball."

Bougy was also listed for African player of the year but missed out on the final three, which is Didier Drogba, Asamoah Gyan and Samuel Eto'o. That vote will be revealed in Cairo on Monday.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3276964/Bougy-has-Ball-again.html#ixzz18Gc6SIMX

Decent award. Thought he was superb in the World Cup against England, completely had Rooney in his back pocket. The full Gers defence were brilliant at Old Trafford in CL so Id put that in as a collective performance regardless what the English media came out with. It proves they talk nonsence when Man U had 9 behind the ball against Arsenal last Sunday and were praised for a top defensive performance to stop Arsenal but when we did it we were automatically classed as negative.