1 step forward 10 steps back

That'll teach me to come on here after an old frim defeat. Usual suspects spouting utter shite with no constructive answers as to what could/should have been done. Just wait til they get Coisty at the helm. Mibbee they'll top themselves. I'll be at the bottom of the high flats shouting "JUMP YA PRICK!!!"

Did someone even bring up Le Geun in a positive light? Fuck this place for another week. Morons.

I don't know if it's just this forum because I don't use any other Rangers boards, but some of the views are unusual to say the least at times. Is the online fan really such a different animal to the one in the real world?

I don't know if it's just this forum because I don't use any other Rangers boards, but some of the views are unusual to say the least at times. Is the online fan really such a different animal to the one in the real world?

In my experience it's not just this forum and to answer the other question, yes. Unfortunately. :(

Sorry mate but hate that term online fan, are you trying to say people that dont go to games dont know as much about football?

[/b]

Sorry mate but hate that term online fan, are you trying to say people that dont go to games dont know as much about football?

Don't be daft. He's differentiating between fans who use forums and those who don't.

There are some fans who

1 - do not use forums, nor attend games.

2 - do not use forums but attend games.

3 - use forums , don't attend games.

4 - use forums and attend games.

1 and 2 are not online fans.

3 and 4 are.

Online views often seem more extreme than talking with fans face to face and that is common for many topics, not just football.

I don't think you even understand that term you hate.

I'm not sure that is what he was implying. More that fans who use the web, in general, seem to express far more extreme views than they would normally air in public.

Quite often debates become point scoring exercises with peoples views being obscured in the mess.

[/b]

Just meant the one whose views you read online and the one you drink with at the pub. Nothing sinister implied.

Quite often debates become point scoring exercises with peoples views being obscured in the mess.

Or two people start talking and one is slightly right of centre, one if slightly left, but due to the nature of the debate each debator ends up at the extreme end on either side of the spectrum of views. In reality they weren't all that far apart but the nature of internet based debate ends up completely polarising opinion.

Don't be daft. He's differentiating between fans who use forums and those who don't.

There are some fans who

1 - do not use forums, nor attend games.

2 - do not use forums but attend games.

3 - use forums , don't attend games.

4 - use forums and attend games.

1 and 2 are not online fans.

3 and 4 are.

Online views often seem more extreme than talking with fans face to face and that is common for many topics, not just football.

I don't think you even understand that term you hate.[/QUOTE]

I think the online bit he mentioned was easy to understand