1 step forward 10 steps back

Today we have been outplayed by the worst Celtic side in living memory, plus they are not at full strength.

Earlier this season it looked like both us and our manager had maybe turned a corner. Better football seemed to be on offer after the previous years of often dour football and we appeared to attack with a bit of spark. Now though all I think happened was Naismith hit immense form and carried us through games, with Miller scoring a lot too.

Today with no Naismith its a return of horrible football, long balls, no creativity, not passing. Nothing.

If Walter was the genius you all call him (when things are going well I might add) he would not be losing 2-0 at home to a team as poor as this. And before anyone says it's just one game, countless European clubs showed him up over the years.

Walter will leave Rangers in much a similar state as the first time round - few real decent assets and a squad in dire need of being rebuilt.

Walter will go down as a Rangers legend but a managerial genius? Nah. Decent organiser and little more.

I would like to see how Wattie would have faired against MONs Celtic because Wattie has had the advantage of being against pish Celtic sides for much of both spells

Edited by Totti

I hope he sends Weiss back in January that was a totally shocking display. I know i wanted him in the team today but that is the last I want to see of him to be honest. shocking!

We've no plan B. I had no confidence in coming back from 1-0 down nevermind 2-0 down today. Everything is a punt up the park when plan A doesn't work. I really hope Ally is covering his eyes and ears when Walter is giving out some of his advice.

Today will be a huge boost to the Celtic squad but there's every chance they could go out and lose their next game, they're that unpredictable.

I 100% agree with Totti regarding Walter going down as a Rangers legend and quite rightly so but his tactical knowledge leave a lot to be desired for.

I hope he sends Weiss back in January that was a totally shocking display. I know i wanted him in the team today but that is the last I want to see of him to be honest. shocking!

Hope smith leaves and we get a manager that able to play players in the correct areas of the park. He is clueless.

Easy to jump on the bandwagon when we suffer a defeat.

Think we will have a better balance when Jelavic,Edu and Naismith are all fit.

Poor display today,they never looked like scoring until McGregor`s mad run off the line.

Positive was young Ness looking assured.

Sorry, I'll sound like a stuck record here, but I've said it a few times over the last couple of seasons. With the squad we have and the playing systems we employ, we're going to get displays like that. We have been for a good 3 or 4 years now, but thankfully, 9 times out of 10 we're still good enough to beat what's in front of us. There's always going to be matches where we're just not good enough for whatever reason and we either get beaten, drop points or struggle and turn things around.

No need to panic. We should be concerned though, but no more than the usual level we've come to regard as normal over the last while tbh. We'll bounce back from this, but it is another warning sign that since Smith came back, he's been doing his best with limited resources and in many regards he's just been papering over the cracks.

Apart from under-performing players, the other criticisms levelled at Smith and some of the poorer guys we have in the first team are the same things we've been saying for a while now, but after a defeat they get brought up again with more fervour. There is no quick fix to the situation we find ourselves in, so we just have to keep the faith with Smith and hope we can grind out another title win.

Another thing annoying me, and I've said this on here many times, is we've several young players who look quite decent but they play one game then don't play for a while. If we can properly integrate these guys into the first team suddenly our squad won't be so small and when the older players get injured we won't just be throwing in random kids hoping to plug the gaps.

I don't see the point in playing the odd youngster, then randomly dropping him and picking another. When are they going to develop into first team players? If one young player plays well keep him involved in the first team for the next game. The young guys seem to get no reward for playing well. I would be getting these young guys starting games and certainly coming on as subs, particularly when we are comfortably in front. Walter should not be afraid to rotate his lineup, it will work better in the long run. I could tell you very little about our young guys because every time they play it seems like they're making their debut.

This is something thats annoyed me for a long time - I remember under Eck when Celtic had already won the league and we were guaranteed second place we still played a full strength team. Baffling.

Here's hoping that Ally McCoist is somehow progressive in thinking and has a more modern and conventional approach to the game but I doubt it somewhat.

It's a shame the PLG thing worked out as it did because the foreign approach to football is much more advanced. There are far more top coaches abroad.

Edited by Totti