1 step forward 10 steps back

This thread might simply be the biggest knee jerk reaction I've ever seen on any message board.

The man has flaws like we all do, however, his success since coming back has been nothing short of phenomenal given he's had next to nothing to spend for such a long period of time.

He's leaving in May, the league's still in our hands, it'd be madness to want him to go because we were beaten by septic.

Wind up, yer avin a fekin giraffe, thems facts dude, piss poor in europe, bottled a final, and loadsa dosh to win a two horse race, a race in which the other runner usually only had three legs and one of them was broke.....

yawn yawn yawn ...................apply for the job and see if you can win us the anything smith hasn't on the same budget now not over a decade ago.........

yeah they always say that after the post, ok i believe you meant to wind us all up of course :sneaky:

again no one else could have done what smith has done since he's been back but it just isn't enough for some fans, and you say i'm the stevie wonder category, are you even in the real world :hm:

Johnny I am not totally arguing against what you say but the fact you say nobody can do what Wattie has done is going too far in my opinion. I am sure there are managers out there that perform better on less of a budget that Smith has had. The fact is we will never know one way or the other.

As MF said we just have to worry about Smith for a few months now and then i fear we will have bigger things to worry about.

Johnny I am not totally arguing against what you say but the fact you say nobody can do what Wattie has done is going too far in my opinion. I am sure there are managers out there that perform better on less of a budget that Smith has had. The fact is we will never know one way or the other.

As MF said we just have to worry about Smith for a few months now and then i fear we will have bigger things to worry about.

it's my opinion pete, he knew what was needed at the club at the time and i'll stand by this, no one else IMO could have done what he did at the time he came and improved the state we were in under the circumstances. He got mainly Scottish players in and the lilkes of weir for nothing, i don't think any other manager could have done this. Again it's just my opinion, who else do you think 'could' have done the same or better? i can't think of anyone else really who would have put up with what he has and still done what he has. i agree it's a more worrying time when he goes but it seems half the fans want him to go.

This thread might simply be the biggest knee jerk reaction I've ever seen on any message board.

The man has flaws like we all do, however, his success since coming back has been nothing short of phenomenal given he's had next to nothing to spend for such a long period of time.

He's leaving in May, the league's still in our hands, it'd be madness to want him to go because we were beaten by septic.

Go add up his total expenditure since returning then take a cold shower.

so the players are not to blame? it's all smiths fault, i'm blind ha ok mate...............

I never understand the 'players are to blame angle'. Who is in charge of the players? Who signed many of them? If a country loses a war do you blame the troops? No you blame the man in charge.

I never understand the 'players are to blame angle'. Who is in charge of the players? Who signed many of them? If a country loses a war do you blame the troops? No you blame the man in charge.

Depends on if the troops go AWOl as most of the players seemed to do on Sunday.;)

We might have lost a 'battle', but the 'war' is certainly not lost.

so the players are not to blame? it's all smiths fault, i'm blind ha ok mate...............

FFS man are you really trying to say smith was not to blame at all for sunday? Players out of position, playing a 19 year old who has 17 mins exp and playing Lee full stop. Oh and 1 up front at home, 1 midfielder missing so he changes the whole midfileld?

Yes the players played crap but you can understand why to an extent with the way they were sent out to play.