Burke Out For Three Months

:(

RANGERS have been rocked by the news that Chris Burke is out of action for three months after damaging his shoulder in last weekend's Old Firm match.

Burke has damaged the ligaments in his left shoulder after being heavily challenged by Aiden McGeady 19 minutes into the second half and had to be replaced.

He went for tests this week and the prognosis is not good. He requires surgery, which will take place on Friday, and then it will be 12 weeks before he is back in action.

In other words, Burke won't play again this year and will miss the entire Group Stage of the UEFA Cup, should Rangers qualify tomorrow night.

It is the third injury problem the 22-year-old winger has suffered this season. He damaged his ankle in a training accident in South Africa which ruled him out of the start off the campaign and then he missed three matches after being crocked by Fernando Ricksen in the friendly with Zenit St Petersburg.

It could not have happened at a worse time for the young player, who is in the final year of his contract with Rangers and wants to sign up for life.

He said: "This is the club I was brought up with and I want to stay here for a long time."

When i saw this on the tv, even after 3 or 4 replays, i couldnt see how his arm possibly got injured during all that.

Freak injury, feel really sorry for him. Ive said it before..... every time his career is picking up pace, he gets injured.

:(

thats unreal. This is panning out the exact same as last season with us getting injuries to key players. Is it just me or does this never happen to Celtic? Or when it does, their medical team get them back playing a lot sooner

gets them back playing sooner and better look at that prick larsson... sour grapes right now but it always happens to us... :mad::sigh: