Financial thread lifted from �£�£ , Bluedell

There's no doubt in my mind that the bank are playing the long game which is why we're suffering in the short-term.

We're just going to have to 'Del and Rodney' our way through the transfer market if, as seems likely, CL football doesn't happen regularly enough to keep the club profitable.

Personally I don't think it is anything to do with the bank, I think Muir and Murray have put the plug in to get the best price possible for the sale of the club.

I may be wrong but the fact that Whyte seems to have hit a hurdle makes me think that way.

I also agree that the OP is taking a far too short term view of things.

If we have only one or two European matches and fail to qualify for either the CL or EL group stages, then our operating costs will far exceed our income. Therefore it is important to the bank to ensure we build a nestegg to ensure we can operate for a season without the Euro income. The fact that the 2010-11 season will be our most profitable in many years is fantastic, but all it has done is allow us to operate for 2011-12 without major sales if we do not get into the CL group stages. If we qualify for the group stages, we will have some money to spend at that time, but my guess is that we have nothing to spend before we know our Euro future in 11-12.

Of course all this is a direct result of our owner's complete and utter mismanagement of the club over the last decade, and his decision to not put one more penny into the club but to attempt to move it on like an office block or vineyard.

Rather than look for conspiracy theories with the bank, why not focus on the real cancer at our club, the owner?

I also agree that the OP is taking a far too short term view of things.

Rather than look for conspiracy theories with the bank, why not focus on the real cancer at our club, the owner?

I think we've done more than enough of that over the last 8 years; there's not much left to say or do. Our current dealings with the bank are more immediate right now.

I think we've done more than enough of that over the last 8 years; there's not much left to say or do. Our current dealings with the bank are more immediate right now.

I dont think we have got anywhere near the amount of criticism Murray deserves for what has happened under his ownership this last decade.

I would go so far as to say that I still believe the majority of ST holders probably think he has been good for us and that none of this is his fault.

That for me has always been the major obstacle to change, the fact that many believe it is better the devil you know than the devil you dont, but when the devil you have is so wrong, cares not a jot and refuses to invest or seek investment, fails to maintain our assets or have any plan longer than 6 months, that argument surely fails as well.

I dont think we have got anywhere near the amount of criticism Murray deserves for what has happened under his ownership this last decade.

I would go so far as to say that I still believe the majority of ST holders probably think he has been good for us and that none of this is his fault.

That for me has always been the major obstacle to change, the fact that many believe it is better the devil you know than the devil you dont, but when the devil you have is so wrong, cares not a jot and refuses to invest or seek investment, fails to maintain our assets or have any plan longer than 6 months, that argument surely fails as well.

Can we not ask Lennon McGinn and McCourt to send the bullets on to Murray.

It's a joke!:D

Perhaps, but it's been done to death on this board for many years and I doubt there's much appetite to continually rub it in when we have more current concerns.

We're all mostly agreed as to his crimes but as he's relegated himself to more of a bit part these days, there's not much need to keep going back to give him another kick or trying to rile everyone else up to join in.

We know what he's done, you're preaching to the converted.

Perhaps, but it's been done to death on this board for many years and I doubt there's much appetite to continually rub it in when we have more current concerns.

We're all mostly agreed as to his crimes but as he's relegated himself to more of a bit part these days, there's not much need to keep going back to give him another kick or trying to rile everyone else up to join in.We know what he's done, you're preaching to the converted.

The only time Murray ever emerges from his bunker or Chateau is when presonnal critiscism is being flung his way , at the moment everything is peachy in his world , the banks are getting all the stick , the ficticious takeover is keeping the masses amused , and he's sipping on a nice wee Chardonnay , until that changes and a few Rottweiller's get their teeth into him nothing will change