Skulduggery or Smoke & Mirrors?

The past few years we've been fed all sorts of stories from the press, online 'sources' and the club itself regarding our financial position We've had Ellis then Whyte look seemingly close to a deal. only for both to disappear like it never happened.

The past two seasons Walter has publicly stated the bank runs Rangers, yet we've been told by the club we have a minimum payment that's easily within our grasp. Now January comes, our top scorer is sold and there's no sign of the squad being strengthened. Last year, financially, was a good year with the debt going down and profit posted. This year should be even better given our improved performance in the Champions League!

So, why are we unable to beef up the squad?

Why do potential buyers appear then disappear?

Why does Walter come and say the bank runs Rangers when Bain has told us we have a new working relationship with the bank, which includes a workable payment plan.

Not sure of the exact figures, but half our squad, or more, will be out of contract or entering the last six months of their contract this time next year - why aren't we sorting this out now? It seems we wait until the last minute and receive a minimum fee that won't give us much leverage in the transfer market.

What about the rumours of the rabid tim on the board of Llyods bank? Lego has alluded to him on a number of occasions as has some online bears. Surely if it were true Walter or the club would make a play on it?

With all this going on the club has on numerous occasions this season warned fans about their behaviour. It seems to be a focal point as if it's important. If the club had any sense of loyalty they would, IMO, sound out all the other offenders in football, case in point Celtic. The yahoos seem to act with impunity and nothing bar the odd snippet is reported. I think you'd have to be naive to actually believe they're not writing letters, sending emails or faxing the football authorities about us, in their effort to deflect attention away from them. They do it very well too.

Furthermore, where the hell is Murray? He's still the owner and, IMO, accountable to the fans, particularly ST holders.

Slight rant and I've probably went of at a tangent, or I'm reading too much into what's going on at our club. However, does anything seem to make sense at Rangers? Nothing smells right at the moment.

Until Myurray breaks cover , which will be never , we will never get an answer ,( even then it will all be the usual pish as no news agency ever puts up someone who can take him on ).

One thing is getting clearer by the day , the banks dont run us , we are making profits and healthy ones and winning the league and getting access to the C/L millions has actually hindered our sale not helped , the fact we are healthy means Lloyds are in no rush to get shot of us , nor Murray for as the debt comes down the asking price certainly isn't , and why should it , we are after all a massive fish in a small pond and if we keep producing and the fans keep turning up then as far as Murray is concerned Happy Days .

Walter has actually IMHO done the fans a disservice in blaming Lloyds as all he has done is protect Murray and moved the blame , but he would never attack Murray , nor will Ally , in fact I actually believe Murray will return and my absence will continue .

I said the same a few weeks ago. The banks are not pulling the strings. Murray is! He wants the best price possible in my opinion. I also believe that he has done so many dark deals that he can no longer show potential buyers a straight line. At the moment we are in a catch 22 situation. Buyers want answers and Murray can't or won't supply them.

I said the same a few weeks ago. The banks are not pulling the strings. Murray is! He wants the best price possible in my opinion. I also believe that he has done so many dark deals that he can no longer show potential buyers a straight line. At the moment we are in a catch 22 situation. Buyers want answers and Murray can't or won't supply them.

Without going off on one.....when talk of protest springs up, most mention the bank. Surely mass protest outside Murray's office would have the right effect?

Without going off on one.....when talk of protest springs up, most mention the bank. Surely mass protest outside Murray's office would have the right effect?

I would say get over to France and piss on his grapes.

What about the rumours of the rabid tim on the board of Llyods bank? Lego has alluded to him on a number of occasions as has some online bears. Surely if it were true Walter or the club would make a play on it?

They way things are at the moment Walter and the club can't get into that subject even if it's relevant because the club need to keep good relations with the bank while we still owe them money and use an overdraft facility provided by them. Yes, we're being singled out to an extent that looks highly suspicious in football terms considering what we owe and that's precisely why I think Lego might be onto something. Banks can and have taken away homes and vehicles when people miss just a couple of payments, so they're not to be taken lightly by Rangers, especially when you consider that Lego might be onto something. It's not that Rangers are going to miss payments, but we're under their thumb while we owe them money whether we like it or not. We all know that banks are basically loan sharcs and that they don't pull any punches when it comes to calling in their debts.

The way it currently looks to me is that Rangers need to ask the bank before spending any substantial sum of money and that the banks reply hinges on the frame of mind of a certain few people related to Lloyds' investments and main/big customers in Scotland. We don't know who those people are, but Lego certainly raises a question that some of us have mentioned before and it's a good question - who's actually pulling the strings regarding our account with Lloyds? Is it someone with our interests in mind or not?

It would certainly be a whole lot more appropriate ...... and I agree, effective.

I remember, when we were all talking about the bank protests, saying the fact that there's any doubt about precisely who protest should be aimed at shows that we're wallowing in a mire of misinformation. No-one know whos responsible for what. Walter makes some anti-bank noises when it suits him, Bain makes some pro-bank noises when it suits him. The only reason we all have no idea whatsoever who works for whom, who is the enemy within, who is cutting the transfer kitty to nothing, is precisely and necessarily our owner's fault. No-one else has the power to break cover and say, as everyone's fighting their own corner within the structure he's created. If we actually want the truth we need to go directly to the only person placed to give it, and the person least likely to.