What phil mcgobbler was allegedly told by Bain

As chilled also said the lack of transparency of what is happening inside Rangers is just giving these cretins a platform to shout from. Whether his figures are on the button or not is not really relevant. The fact that Rangers may probably face Bankruptcy if the taxman is proven correct, is a far bigger issue than the ego of one timmy journalist. You can put the shoe on the other foot and say it is totally not acceptable that the Rangers support has to get it's information or misinformation from a timmy journalist. Rangers should be making the statements to it's supporters at the AGM and not dodging such serious issue's as a multi-million pond tax evasion claim.

I'm no financial expert. It seems rather unfair that HMRC have not had issue with something that must have been filed decades ago initially, yet can charge interest on that. Surely if you must be aware of owing a debt to be charged interest on not paying it... if you'd known about it, you would do something about it right?

And a �£15m penalty? What about the Arsenals, and every other football team and company that has used these payment schemes? are they going to be fined more?

Surely the Tax issue is being delayed as they are coming to an "agreement" with HMRC? From what I've heard, if they claim you owe them money, which you don't (or not as much as they claim) you fight it, but they always win in the sense you have to pay something. Not as much as they ask, but enough for them to look right. Isn't that what happened/is happening with Dave King in SA?

Surely the cost of calling in that debt will result in a greater reduction (long term) of income for HMRC than what they are asking for? and some money is better than no money?

Maybe someone that has more expertise or experience could comment?

I don't understand how anyone could print blatant lies if that is what he is doing. At the very least he is writing half truths with such conviction it is tantamount to lying. I don't know who this guy is, but I also fear the no smoke without fire concern. I was expecting to see a changeover before the close of the window at least after the talk of christmas takeovers... I know it's hearsay, but this seems to be what is stalling the process...

As chilled also said the lack of transparency of what is happening inside Rangers is just giving these cretins a platform to shout from. Whether his figures are on the button or not is not really relevant. The fact that Rangers may probably face Bankruptcy if the taxman is proven correct, is a far bigger issue than the ego of one timmy journalist. You can put the shoe on the other foot and say it is totally not acceptable that the Rangers support has to get it's information or misinformation from a timmy journalist. Rangers should be making the statements to it's supporters at the AGM and not dodging such serious issue's as a multi-million pond tax evasion claim.

Surely if it was really a major worry the accountants like BD, Boss & others would be coming out and talking about it though??

HMRC supposedly have a terrible record when it comes to converting these EBT cases into legal victories.

Pete, the downsizing at the club is most likely just down to us trying to live within our means rather than outwith them. We can't afford to keep creating debt and having to service the interest on it. It's essentially like 'throwing money down the toilet' or making a big pile of bank notes and setting fire to them. The less debt we have to service, the more money we have to play with year in, year out. Simples!

Do you really believe that? I don't i am afraid.

There is also the issue of why the Whyte saga has hit a dead end. What is Murray covering up that he will not supply Whyte's legal people some simple answers. Whyte is prepared to cover our present debt and i would guess he believes he can run Rangers in a correct manor. It just does not all add up for me.

I hope you are right about the taxman and the EBT cases but even if you are these cases can turn into decade drama's that will keep our hands tied for years to come.

Do you really believe that? I don't i am afraid.

I believe it almost 100%. If I didn't, I wouldn't type it pete.

There is also the issue of why the Whyte saga has hit a dead end.

I never believed the Whyte deal would happen, just like the Ellis deal before that. I won't believe ANY deal to buy Rangers is real until it actually happens and it's officially signed and sealed.