What phil mcgobbler was allegedly told by Bain

Also, even though challenging HMRC, the penalty and interest can be reduced dependent upon how "accomodating" you have been to the HMRC whilst under investigation.

If the club have helped HMRC by way of providing records, financial data etc then the penalty can be reduced (HMRC have much subjectivity in this area) as can the interest - they do have flexibility in what penalty and interest they can charge. The worrying aspect is the flexibility because we somehow seem to be covered by Tims in all aspects of our business.

For all we know this is all true

No, we know exactly what McGillivan is and does, and that leaves no chance of it being based on truth. The odds against such a complex matter coinciding by accident with McGillivan's spoutings is, frankly, astronomical, to the extent I think it can safely be discounted.

No worries Cal - it is a minefield out there. Funnily enough the US President last night called on Congress to "simplify the tax code and make it easier to close the loopholes" - the UK seem to have been moving down a more US-based tax legislation (Finance Act) in the last few years - some of us will remember having tax returns which were about 5 pages long.... how long are they these days, about 40 pages ? Insanity.

No worries Cal - it is a minefield out there. Funnily enough the US President last night called on Congress to "simplify the tax code and make it easier to close the loopholes" - the UK seem to have been moving down a more US-based tax legislation (Finance Act) in the last few years - some of us will remember having tax returns which were about 5 pages long.... how long are they these days, about 40 pages ? Insanity.

One of my mates his tearing his hair out about tax returns at the moment. I had an exam on tax a couple of weeks ago and it was the easiest exam out of the 4 I did :D. Calculations are easy for me to remember in exams if I work at it and remember everything, stupid essay writing is not.