Gers seal Bartley loan

Not sure what the point of this one is for us.

Can we afford to throw an untried 17 year old into our upcoming schedule?

Is he really first team ready?

I would put money on Papac and even Whittaker playing CH before this kid if injuries/suspensions KO Weir or Boughy, so I dont really see the point of bringing him up here to get some different training and some bounce games.

If there is 1 club where you want to take a young player on loan from then its Arsenal.

Really? How many players have they produced from their youth academy that have made a big impact at the club in the last 10 years? How many English players feature regularly too?

Arsenal buy cheap(ish) players from abroad and develop them. It's a myth that they have this wonderful history of bringing through their own players.

I would put money on Papac and even Whittaker playing CH before this kid if injuries/suspensions KO Weir or Boughy, so I dont really see the point of bringing him up here to get some different training and some bounce games.

Well actually he's almost 20 and isn't untried. He's played in the championship which is a much higher level than the SPL.

And if he has any future in the premiership then he will walk the SPL without breaking sweat.

Wasn't the case with Wilson who was even less experienced than Bartley before he played so well last season for us.

Like you, I doubt anyone will make way for the lad but he should provide more reliable back-up than Webster did (or didn't)...

Well actually he's almost 20 and isn't untried. He's played in the championship which is a much higher level than the SPL.

And if he has any future in the premiership then he will walk the SPL without breaking sweat.

Shows you what I know, I heard he was a 17yo kid straight from Arsenal's youth setup. Where was he in the Championship? As an aside any time I have had the misfortune to tune into a Championship game, I have found the quality to be very poor and is another example of over-hyped over-paid average journeymen, but I take the point that if this near 20yo has had a stint there it is at least some experience for him, although a million miles away from the pressure of playing for Rangers in our goldfish bowl up here.

He was at Sheffield Utd on loan for the 2nd half of last season and 1st half of this one. Was Arsenal's reserve team captain and being suggested as a cross between a Sol Campbell type defender (strong, aggressive) but also with the technical skills of a Vermaelen. How much you would believe of that is anyone's guess though.