RANGERS legend Derek Johnstone has been taken to hospital with a suspected heart atta

Your comments about DJ may not be entirely wrong, rbr.

The place you've made them arguably is.

This is a thread to wish the fella well - not one to highlight his failings.

Point taken .

Particularly the older generation of fans, talk about the qualities instilled in the club by the likes of Struth and Greig. We talk of class and dignity. Of respect.

If we are to hold on to these values of being typically representative of Rangers then we as fans should endeavour to exercise such attributes. Particularly in light of something such as the current topic here.

Particularly the older generation of fans, talk about the qualities instilled in the club by the likes of Struth and Greig. We talk of class and dignity. Of respect.If we are to hold on to these values of being typically representative of Rangers then we as fans should endeavour to exercise such attributes. Particularly in light of something such as the current topic here.

It would certainly have helped him if he managed just one out of the three

Letting yourself down because someone else has done it isn't really a valid excuse.

"he did it too" doesn't work in the school play ground nor in the adult world.

Behaving with class and dignity yourself is not dependent upon someone else showing the same standards.

Ha ha nice comeback. I'm with you my friend, you don't change views formed per many years just to match the expected pious reaction when someone has a health problem. I absolutely adored DJ as a player and he certainly made a massive contribution to Rangers, more than many who got far better recognition. But he has only himself to blame for alienating much of our support, with his well-document 'uncle tom' behaviour on Radio Clyde.

As an ex-captain of Rangers he'll always have my thanks and admiration. As a man I'd never wish him ill but I couldn't get too emotional about someone who has passed up so many chances to take on the worst of our detractors. Too much over-egged priggery from some.

Edited by maineflyer

Ha ha nice comeback. I'm with you my friend, you don't change views formed per many years just to match the expected pious reaction when someone has a health problem. I absolutely adored DJ as a player and he certainly made a massive contribution to Rangers, more than many who got far better recognition. But he has only himself to blame for alienating much of our support, with his well-document 'uncle tom' behaviour on Radio Clyde.

As an ex-captain of Rangers he'll always have my thanks and admiration. As a man I'd never wish him ill but I couldn't get too emotional about someone who has passed up so many chances to take on the worst of our detractors. Too much over-egged priggery from some.

I don't think anyone is saying that here are they? most that i can see have just said best wishes etc for his health. Can't someone start another thread if they want to slag the man for his post jobs outwith Rangers and i'm sure you will get a different tone and set of posts altogether and probably from some who have wished him good health. Or don't even bother posting if they detest the man as much as they are saying.

Letting yourself down because someone else has done it isn't really a valid excuse.

"he did it too" doesn't work in the school play ground nor in the adult world.

Behaving with class and dignity yourself is not dependent upon someone else showing the same standards.

give me a break , we aren,t school kids , we are talking about a man who was in a position to take on head first our detractors and people who lets face it hate us , yet time after time he not only let them off he agreed with them .

As for behaving with class and dignity , throw in the dignified silence routine and what have you got , Rangers 2011 where everyone and their grannie can have a pop without retribution

I don't think anyone is saying that here are they? most that i can see have just said best wishes etc for his health. Can't someone start another thread if they want to slag the man for his post jobs outwith Rangers and i'm sure you will get a different tone and set of posts altogether and probably from some who have wished him good health. Or don't even bother posting if they detest the man as much as they are saying.

He is only employed because of his Rangers connection or is that too obvious to some .

What is obvious is that I am on my own so to coin a well known phrase ," I'm out"

Sorry mate, I don't really need your advice on what to post. Why don't you just post what you want to post and everyone else can do the same.