EL HADJI DIOUF is now a dye-hard Rangers player - after colouring his hair BLUE.

The wacky Rangers star left his Ibrox team-mates stunned yesterday when he turned up for training at Murray Park.

Diouf, 30, showed off his new look and the on-loan Blackburn ace could be set to keep the striking image for the Europa League clash against Sporting Lisbon.

Diouf normally sports a shaved head with white mohican stripe.

But Scottish football's most colourful character has now opted for a blue crop as a tribute to Gers supporters.

Meanwhile, Vladimir Weiss insists Gers gaffer Walter Smith pulled off a MASTERSTROKE by signing Diouf.

The Ibrox boss stunned Scottish football by landing Diouf on loan until the end of the season but Weiss insists it'll prove to be a brilliant bit of business.

He said: "He's not scored yet but that will come. It's only a matter of time.

"He's been good on the ball and a great player to play alongside. He has a lot of experience and I look at him as someone I can learn a lot from.

"I just think the timing of his signing is great. It's a very clever signing by the manager - very shrewd. El Hadji has a big personality - a lot of character - and I see it as a key signing.

"He has something about him most players don't have. People talk about his reputation but he is a brilliant, brilliant boy. Personally I can't say a bad word against him.

"He's got his own style which is funny sometimes.

"He tried to put on his iPod yesterday, but it wasn't working properly, so we've still to check out his taste in music.

"The players love having him here and I think he's enjoying it too."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3413953/El-Hadji-BLUE.html#ixzz1E6c8vN00

:grin:

Diouf feels like one of those signings we used to make, in a weird way. He's been a top player, and has been playing well in one of the world's most difficult leagues for years. He's came here, got a great response, and looks to have taken to it. If he goes on to turn up for the big games he could be a fantastic signing - he seems to have a larger than life personality, and it's great to hear everyone's taken to him. It's also great to hear there are wee bets about hat-tricks going on in the background, and that loan signings and our actual players are interacting so well. If they'd just kindly go on now and start thumping a few teams, the lift Diouf and a fit Jelavic could bring could maybe, just maybe be enough to get us over the finishing line.

Crazy bastard.

That will dirve the Tims crazy.

If only he could have more hair, shave it into the UJ and get it coloured red, white & blue - perfect.

You took the words right out of my mouth.....................................MEATLOAF;)