Now that the mid March deadline is looming we get another story from a "respected" journalist indicating another few weeks.

It's difficult to stay positive about this takeover story as there are no facts in the open and a lot of opinion. I guess the silence from Whyte suggests he's still interested but the longer it drags on the less likely and more damaging it becomes.

On the other hand the silence could just as easily suggest there's no one there at all ... and the mid-March deadline is presumably no more credible than any of the previous deadlines that have come and gone in similar silence. The only thing that justifies any continuing interest in this deal is the looming end of the UK tax year, otherwise it looks like an ex-parrot.

On the other hand the silence could just as easily suggest there's no one there at all ... and the mid-March deadline is presumably no more credible than any of the previous deadlines that have come and gone in similar silence. The only thing that justifies any continuing interest in this deal is the looming end of the UK tax year, otherwise it looks like an ex-parrot.

that's my thinking on this to be honest

Why would Whyte have a deadline?

If he's interested then he's interested and it would probably suit him to wait a bit longer and get the club cheaper if we go backwards financially.

Why would Whyte have a deadline?

If he's interested then he's interested and it would probably suit him to wait a bit longer and get the club cheaper if we go backwards financially.

Clearly, there are no deadlines as such, only the contrived lines in the sand that pass for deadlines in the manicured world of the media. In the absence of competition for Murray's shares (don't you just wish) the only dealine that would be that which the buyer puts in front of the seller and which no posturing journalist will ever know about.

Have to say that I've always been sceptical about what we were told at the beginning of last month regarding MIH & Lloyds taking on the responsibility of any tax bill to HMRC. Most reports were suggesting that MIH & Lloyds had taken on the responsibility in order to help facilitate the sale of Rangers, but why exactly would Lloyds want to help rush through the sale of a company when the sale would clear off a �£20m+ debt owed to them? It doesn't make any sense to me that a bank would want to get rid of a debt which is generating them profits through large payments on the interest. I can understand why a bank would want a customer to bring the level of their debt down a bit if they thought it was maybe slightly too high, but when banks make their money from debt, the thought of them wanting to lose a good customer who regularly makes large interest payments just doesn't compute.

I personally think that the bank do not care about this but are mainly trying to call in as much "risky" debt as they can to rebuild their liquid funds.

They can screw us till it hurts to get their money back quickly as there is almost no chance of our owner calling it a day and letting the liquidators come in. It happened with Gretna where I guy on his deathbed, strangely decided to leave the world with a reputation as a selfish, egotistical murderer of a football club of long standing, but Rangers are too big a club and national institution to go that way. That's why we're having to pay every penny of the debt and are one of the few debtors in the world who can't negotiate a reduction.

With declining income streams our future ability to repay large debts is highly in doubt so they are probably happier to get their their money back quickly even if they lose us a customer.

I was chatting to Brahim Hamdani (the poster, not the ex-player) at the game on Sunday and I commented that Whyte claimed to be a gers fan but I hadn't heard of anyone backing up this claim, when my mate standing in front of us suddenly told us that he stayed beside him during the 90s and saw him going to Ibrox regularly at that time, before he disappeared abroad.

Doesn't add anything to the current debate other than to confirm that Craig Whyte is a bear.

Edited by Bluedell